View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 On TV 
Hall of Famer

Post On TV
For those of you who might be interested...

In March, I was in LA and taped an episode of Jeopardy. That episode is scheduled to air this Friday, July 13th. I can't tell you how I did until it airs, so if you are inclined to see if I'm the next Ken Jennings, you can watch and find out!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:01 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: On TV
BGM wrote:

In March, I was in LA and taped an episode of Jeopardy. That episode is scheduled to air this Friday, July 13th. I can't tell you how I did until it airs, so if you are inclined to see if I'm the next Ken Jennings, you can watch and find out!

Sweet!!! Good luck, lol...
I wil try to watch, I should be home then.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

BGM wrote:

Wow that's awesome. I didn't realize they were that tape delayed, 4 months is a long time to have to keep quiet.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm
Strong Safety

that's very cool ...

I hope you did great, you have been a great member of board for years.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
BGM wrote:

Wow that's awesome. I didn't realize they were that tape delayed, 4 months is a long time to have to keep quiet.

I have been able to tell family and friends, but am prohibited from posting anything about the results publicly or on social media or in the regular media. What I can tell you is it was really a blast!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

BGM wrote:

Very cool!

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Candidate

I set up the TiVo. Good luck, Brian. I will be rooting for you. Dave

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

CalVike wrote:
I set up the TiVo. Good luck, Brian. I will be rooting for you. Dave

I may not be able to watch it.. can someone upload it?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

I have no way of recording it digitally, unless someone far more tech savvy than I has the ability... would appreciate if someone else who can do it would be willing to share a copy with me. :)

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Tough final jeopardy question. I sure as heck had no idea. I did know all the "bull" questions though. My wife was surprised I knew the "boullion" one.

How many did you feel you knew but couldn't buzz in fast enough?

I hate some of the categories they have some times. I didn't know crap on the Kathy bates movies, but would do a lot better on Van Damme movies or something :lol: .

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 pm
Hall of Famer

You did well Brian! I thought for sure you were going to win when you went on that hot streak. Tough to lose it all in final Jeopardy, but hey, you did better than I could ever hope to do!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm
Hall of Famer

Thanks! It was truly a blast just to be on the show! I knew the answers to all but about 10 or 15 questions. But buzzing in is one of the key things that makes the difference. One of the things we were told during auditions was that contestants know the answers to 90% of the questions and it usually comes down to buzzer timing. Plus, in the heat of the moment, it's really easy to draw a blank!! If any of you ever has the chance to be on a game show, go for it and enjoy every second!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Did anyone get to record it? I didn't get to see it :(

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

I didnt record it but I'm pretty certain I can get a copy....

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:56 am
Hall of Famer

Found it online for anyone interested...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs60xc ... shortfilms

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Strong Safety

you did really well.. I watch some jeopardy and I think a lot of days you would have won.

I know its a lot different being on the show than doing it at home.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:33 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Great job, Brian! So close on the music daily double. Big surprise on Liza winning. Very competitive match. Dave

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 am
Starting Wide Receiver

CalVike wrote:
Great job, Brian! So close on the music daily double. Big surprise on Liza winning. Very competitive match. Dave

I had already seen this post when I started watching, so when they introduced her, I thought "b*tch"... :o :lol:

Good job, buddy. It certainly isn't everybody who can get on that show. Even nowadays I only know about 10 answers (or questions) suring a show, and that is on a good day. You represented Vikings Message Board very well!!! Had you embarrassed yourself terribly, I would have asked Geoff to ban you :rofl: (just kidding :) )

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I would have asked Geoff to ban you :rofl: (just kidding :) )

I should ban him for moving across the border into cheeseland. Hadn't noticed your location had changed, Brian :)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:57 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I should ban him for moving across the border into cheeseland. Hadn't noticed your location had changed, Brian :)

Man, neither did I!! Well I'm glad he lost then!! :gone:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

glg wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I cannot even convey the traumatic effect the move had on my Viking psyche! Haven't I suffered enough? :rofl:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:34 pm
Commissioner

BGM wrote:
glg wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I cannot even convey the traumatic effect the move had on my Viking psyche! Haven't I suffered enough? :rofl:

You're a Vikings fan. There's no such thing as suffering "too much."

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 am
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
BGM wrote:
glg wrote:

You're a Vikings fan. There's no such thing as suffering "too much."

Oh yeah... that's right! :smilevike:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am
Hall of Famer

Get this: I was in a bar Sunday evening and ran into a friend who told me his old roommate A.J. was just on Jeopardy and won over $50k. I mentioned seeing your post in the forums and wondered what the chances were that he was on the same show as you...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am
Hall of Famer

Eli wrote:
Get this: I was in a bar Sunday evening and ran into a friend who told me his old roommate A.J. was just on Jeopardy and won over $50k. I mentioned seeing your post in the forums and wondered what the chances were that he was on the same show as you...

Ok... that is freaky cool!!!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Eli wrote:

OMFG, that is amazing!!! Wow, the odds of that must be staggering!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

I have to show off the hilarious creativity of my younger sister...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqJAI0BiZEI

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:24 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

BGM wrote:

That was cool! Aside from your Cliff Clavin at the end, it was a good game for you! What did you get as "perting prizes"?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
BGM wrote:

That was cool! Aside from your Cliff Clavin at the end, it was a good game for you! What did you get as "perting prizes"?

Third place gets $1000, but you have to pay your way out there and hotel. So basically, I got a free trip to LA!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

BGM wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
BGM wrote:

Third place gets $1000, but you have to pay your way out there and hotel. So basically, I got a free trip to LA!

Not bad! Well, I'm happy for you. If you ever get on again, make sure you mention VMB :)

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next