Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Lazar Hayward Traded To Thunder
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... -minnesota

J.J. Barea Signs (Huge Move)
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... -minnesota
Free-agent guard J.J. Barea has reached an agreement in principle with the Minnesota Timberwolves on a four-year contract worth an estimated $19 million, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Malcolm Lee Signs
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... mberwolves

Derrick Williams Signs
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... olves-news
Williams was schedule to make within 20 percent of $3,955,400 -- either above or below -- for his first season under the last collective bargaining agreement. The new rookie salary scale hasn't been released as of yet, but it was assumed to be similar within the first two seasons of the new CBA.

Looking forward to watching this team this year for sure! Lots of young talent and a new coach, but let's just hope they can finally build some team chemistry for once.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Percy For President
Practice Squad

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by Percy For President »

In a year or two we will actually be pretty good, pretty excited for this team.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

First season in awhile i am excited to watch this team. Rubio has finally arrived, Derrick Williams should be a stud, and a new head coach. Not saying they are playoff bound but it would be nice to get to about a 30-36 record this season. Like was said team is talented and young and if things fall right could be a (due i dare say it) Powerhouse for years to come.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

NDVikeFan wrote:First season in awhile i am excited to watch this team. Rubio has finally arrived, Derrick Williams should be a stud, and a new head coach. Not saying they are playoff bound but it would be nice to get to about a 30-36 record this season. Like was said team is talented and young and if things fall right could be a (due i dare say it) Powerhouse for years to come.
Honestly, if we the young talent we have develops cohesion, I could to see them being a tough team in the Northwestern Division.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'm excited too, for no other reason that we have a real coach and (finally) some real talent. I hope Adelman can get them to mesh. I'm not expecting more than a 20 win season, but considering that would be in 66 games, it is a step in the right direction.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'm excited too, for no other reason that we have a real coach and (finally) some real talent. I hope Adelman can get them to mesh. I'm not expecting more than a 20 win season, but considering that would be in 66 games, it is a step in the right direction.
Honestly if the Wolves would win one out of three games and finish 22-44 that would be considered a succes imo.

Wonder how this rushed season, of so many games, in a shorter time period helps the Wolves? You would think it could benefit them, being they are so young, so back to back games really shouldnt be a problem stamina wise.

Damn i am so excited to see Rubio I might even watch preseason. :lol:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

NDVikeFan wrote: Honestly if the Wolves would win one out of three games and finish 22-44 that would be considered a succes imo.

Wonder how this rushed season, of so many games, in a shorter time period helps the Wolves? You would think it could benefit them, being they are so young, so back to back games really shouldnt be a problem stamina wise.

Damn i am so excited to see Rubio I might even watch preseason. :lol:
I might actually watch more than 10 Timberwolves games this season!
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

I haven't cared about the wolves in a LONG time. This year i will pay attention to them. They are finally making some good moves and brought in a real coach. It should be a good season.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

Wolves should be entertaining to watch. They're headed in the right direction but with Kahn, nothing is guaranteed
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Now its our time wrote:They're headed in the right direction but with Kahn, nothing is guaranteed
For years I've only watched the NBA during the playoffs and I don't know #### about basketball, but now that Adelman is in town is it reasonable to assume that Kahn won't be able to get away with some of the same crap that he's known for? I mean, the TWolves actually have a proven head coach now who is respected all over the league, so maybe Kahn is a little bit on the hot seat? How could he not be? The sense I get from reading articles and blogs is that Kahn is viewed as the village idiot of the NBA.
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

I'm pretty pumped about this season. Just saw at the top they traded Hayward, which by my calculation puts us at 8 small forwards now with 5 point guards :rofl:

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to see what all these young guys can do under Adelman.
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Does anyone know of a good message board like this one that talks T-Wolves? I have only found Kfan and thats just a bunch of silliness and stupidity most of the time due to all the people that post there.

Cant wait for Monday. But its time for predictions. My prediction is 29-37 for this year.(remeber we play 66 games this season) That would be a huge step in the right direction as that would be a winning percentage of over .400%

22-44 wouldnt be all that bad as that would have you winning 1 out of 3.
33-33 would be unreal as that would get you in the Playoff hunt. I say anywere in between would be a nice building block for this team.

2013 i say this team is a major contender. Not saying we win the west but in 2 years i see no real reason why the T-Wolves cant be in the 50+ win category.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

T-Wolves Tip Off tonight!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:T-Wolves Tip Off tonight!

I'll be there!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

took advantage of the free preview of the nba package on directv last night and really enjoyed watching the wolves. i will be ordering the package as this team is very fun to watch. it's not translating into a ton of wins...YET....but i think it will. we have a very exciting young team and i think they will surprise some teams this year.
i'm ready for a beer.