Timberwolves 2011-2012

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012

Post by NDVikeFan »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10849317

Man, I hope they announce this soon so my anxiety could subdue. I mean, I love Derrick Williams and I believe he has massive potential, but he is not Kevin Love.
No way in Hell the Wolves can let Love Walk. They finally have the pieces in place to turn this around. Losing Love would be disasteros.
ATLviking wrote:Timberwolves vs. Lob City 10:30 PM on ESPN! Support your Wolves!!
I cant wait. Finally the Wolves get back on ESPN. I hope they at least keep it competetive as this is a very big game for them. A win would be epic.
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

OMG I hope you guys just saw that...amazing game, go Wolves!
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta "Love" that one!!

Wolves are 1 win away from .500%!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Awesome!! What a game! Go Wolves!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Im NOT a BB fan, at all. But I do love all sports. So I watched that last Wolves game, and Im no BB expert (AT ALL) but the defense seemed a bit weak??? Am I wrong?? BUT Rubio and Love were very, very fun for me to watch, exciting stuff, at least for me. And I am far from a guy who worries about or thinks about race, but at one point, at a key time, late in the game, the Wolves had 4 white guys on the floor. Im not trying to come off as bad, but it did surprise me. Reminded me of a Tosh stand up, maybe inappropriate, but fitting and funny, IMO.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:Im NOT a BB fan, at all. But I do love all sports. So I watched that last Wolves game, and Im no BB expert (AT ALL) but the defense seemed a bit weak??? Am I wrong?? BUT Rubio and Love were very, very fun for me to watch, exciting stuff, at least for me. And I am far from a guy who worries about or thinks about race, but at one point, at a key time, late in the game, the Wolves had 4 white guys on the floor. Im not trying to come off as bad, but it did surprise me. Reminded me of a Tosh stand up, maybe inappropriate, but fitting and funny, IMO.
Their defense is actually in the top half of the league in points allowed. Last season they were almost historically bad.

I agree about the white guys comment, I think it is possible they have some of the best white guys in the NBA on their team. Certainly Love and Rubio. Luke Ridnour is good too.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

purple guy wrote:Im NOT a BB fan, at all. But I do love all sports. So I watched that last Wolves game, and Im no BB expert (AT ALL) but the defense seemed a bit weak??? Am I wrong?? BUT Rubio and Love were very, very fun for me to watch, exciting stuff, at least for me. And I am far from a guy who worries about or thinks about race, but at one point, at a key time, late in the game, the Wolves had 4 white guys on the floor. Im not trying to come off as bad, but it did surprise me. Reminded me of a Tosh stand up, maybe inappropriate, but fitting and funny, IMO.
Their defense still is a little shaky, but if you had watched them the past couple of seasons under Rambis it made the Vikings secondary look top notch :rofl:

Last night was kind of a weird game because Love and Rubio were relatively ineffective offensively for a majority of the game, but it was nice to see Darko play like the number two pick of the Lebron/Dwade/Melo/Bosh draft. All in all it was the kind of game we should win considering the Clippers were missing Chris Paul, and it was refreshing once again to see the Wolves not throw in the towel and fight until the end. :thumbsup:

P.S. I know what Daniel Tosh standup you're referring to and that's hilarious lol
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Man, last night was tough to watch. Hard to win on the road back-to-back anyway, but I think the previous night's win had them a tad drained.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Man, last night was tough to watch. Hard to win on the road back-to-back anyway, but I think the previous night's win had them a tad drained.
That's just the way things will go this season.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

glg wrote: That's just the way things will go this season.
You're one-hundred percent right. I think it is asking too much for a team this young to win consistently on the road. They will be very fun to watch this year, but I think they will be more likely to get to the playoffs next year than this year.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: You're one-hundred percent right. I think it is asking too much for a team this young to win consistently on the road. They will be very fun to watch this year, but I think they will be more likely to get to the playoffs next year than this year.
The youth may help as the season wears on though, they'll still have the legs to be in games that an older team won't.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

glg wrote:
The youth may help as the season wears on though, they'll still have the legs to be in games that an older team won't.
It more than likely will, especially in a shortened season. Another thing, this team could get dangerous when Beasley comes back and Martell Webster gets back into the lineup as well.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Wolves welcome back Kevin McHale tonight. Hopefully the Wolves can bounce back and get a win as you dont want to lose to McHale at home. Be a good moral booster for the city, team, and fans to send McHale home a loser.

Wolves have a fairly tough stretch of 5 games this week. Hou, @Dall, SA, LAL, @Hou (next Mon) The next five games will be a good test to see were the Wolves stand.

Would settle for 2-3 but i would love to see the wolves go 3-2 in this stretch.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

NDVikeFan wrote:Wolves welcome back Kevin McHale tonight. Hopefully the Wolves can bounce back and get a win as you dont want to lose to McHale at home. Be a good moral booster for the city, team, and fans to send McHale home a loser.

Wolves have a fairly tough stretch of 5 games this week. Hou, @Dall, SA, LAL, @Hou (next Mon) The next five games will be a good test to see were the Wolves stand.

Personally, I want the team to beat the piss out of Kevin McHale tonight. Great player, but he screwed this team over. The next five games look brutal, but if we go 2-3, I will be fine with it.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: It more than likely will, especially in a shortened season. Another thing, this team could get dangerous when Beasley comes back and Martell Webster gets back into the lineup as well.
I agree. I'm not expecting much from Webster but I hope he can return to form quickly. I think we're really missing Beasley even with his suspect D and sometimes carelessness with the ball. But he is pretty much the only guy who can create for himself and does a pretty good job at the rim. We are settling for way too many jumpers right now and while that can help us at times it also hurts us a lot as our offense goes stale for stretches.
NDVikeFan wrote:Wolves welcome back Kevin McHale tonight. Hopefully the Wolves can bounce back and get a win as you dont want to lose to McHale at home. Be a good moral booster for the city, team, and fans to send McHale home a loser.

I think both Houston games are winnable. I might be wrong but I believe Dirk is battling an injured hamstring? which could help. I think we match up with SA and LA pretty good. They will be tough but still winnable games.
4-1 would be great, 3-2 would be good but anything less than 2-3 would be a step back IMO.

Should be interesting to see how the crowd reacts to McHale's return.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett