View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Timberwolves 2011-2012 
Hall of Famer

Post Timberwolves 2011-2012
Lazar Hayward Traded To Thunder
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... -minnesota

J.J. Barea Signs (Huge Move)
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... -minnesota

Quote:
Free-agent guard J.J. Barea has reached an agreement in principle with the Minnesota Timberwolves on a four-year contract worth an estimated $19 million, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Malcolm Lee Signs
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... mberwolves

Derrick Williams Signs
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota ... olves-news

Quote:
Williams was schedule to make within 20 percent of $3,955,400 -- either above or below -- for his first season under the last collective bargaining agreement. The new rookie salary scale hasn't been released as of yet, but it was assumed to be similar within the first two seasons of the new CBA.

Looking forward to watching this team this year for sure! Lots of young talent and a new coach, but let's just hope they can finally build some team chemistry for once.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 pm
Practice Squad

Post Re: Timberwolves 2011-2012
In a year or two we will actually be pretty good, pretty excited for this team.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

First season in awhile i am excited to watch this team. Rubio has finally arrived, Derrick Williams should be a stud, and a new head coach. Not saying they are playoff bound but it would be nice to get to about a 30-36 record this season. Like was said team is talented and young and if things fall right could be a (due i dare say it) Powerhouse for years to come.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

NDVikeFan wrote:
First season in awhile i am excited to watch this team. Rubio has finally arrived, Derrick Williams should be a stud, and a new head coach. Not saying they are playoff bound but it would be nice to get to about a 30-36 record this season. Like was said team is talented and young and if things fall right could be a (due i dare say it) Powerhouse for years to come.

Honestly, if we the young talent we have develops cohesion, I could to see them being a tough team in the Northwestern Division.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

I'm excited too, for no other reason that we have a real coach and (finally) some real talent. I hope Adelman can get them to mesh. I'm not expecting more than a 20 win season, but considering that would be in 66 games, it is a step in the right direction.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I'm excited too, for no other reason that we have a real coach and (finally) some real talent. I hope Adelman can get them to mesh. I'm not expecting more than a 20 win season, but considering that would be in 66 games, it is a step in the right direction.

Honestly if the Wolves would win one out of three games and finish 22-44 that would be considered a succes imo.

Wonder how this rushed season, of so many games, in a shorter time period helps the Wolves? You would think it could benefit them, being they are so young, so back to back games really shouldnt be a problem stamina wise.

Damn i am so excited to see Rubio I might even watch preseason. :lol:

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

NDVikeFan wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Honestly if the Wolves would win one out of three games and finish 22-44 that would be considered a succes imo.

Wonder how this rushed season, of so many games, in a shorter time period helps the Wolves? You would think it could benefit them, being they are so young, so back to back games really shouldnt be a problem stamina wise.

Damn i am so excited to see Rubio I might even watch preseason. :lol:

I might actually watch more than 10 Timberwolves games this season!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:25 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I haven't cared about the wolves in a LONG time. This year i will pay attention to them. They are finally making some good moves and brought in a real coach. It should be a good season.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile YIM
All Pro Elite Player

Wolves should be entertaining to watch. They're headed in the right direction but with Kahn, nothing is guaranteed

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Now its our time wrote:
They're headed in the right direction but with Kahn, nothing is guaranteed

For years I've only watched the NBA during the playoffs and I don't know #### about basketball, but now that Adelman is in town is it reasonable to assume that Kahn won't be able to get away with some of the same crap that he's known for? I mean, the TWolves actually have a proven head coach now who is respected all over the league, so maybe Kahn is a little bit on the hot seat? How could he not be? The sense I get from reading articles and blogs is that Kahn is viewed as the village idiot of the NBA.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm
Backup

I'm pretty pumped about this season. Just saw at the top they traded Hayward, which by my calculation puts us at 8 small forwards now with 5 point guards :rofl:

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to see what all these young guys can do under Adelman.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Does anyone know of a good message board like this one that talks T-Wolves? I have only found Kfan and thats just a bunch of silliness and stupidity most of the time due to all the people that post there.

Cant wait for Monday. But its time for predictions. My prediction is 29-37 for this year.(remeber we play 66 games this season) That would be a huge step in the right direction as that would be a winning percentage of over .400%

22-44 wouldnt be all that bad as that would have you winning 1 out of 3.
33-33 would be unreal as that would get you in the Playoff hunt. I say anywere in between would be a nice building block for this team.

2013 i say this team is a major contender. Not saying we win the west but in 2 years i see no real reason why the T-Wolves cant be in the 50+ win category.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

T-Wolves Tip Off tonight!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:23 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
T-Wolves Tip Off tonight!

I'll be there!!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

took advantage of the free preview of the nba package on directv last night and really enjoyed watching the wolves. i will be ordering the package as this team is very fun to watch. it's not translating into a ton of wins...YET....but i think it will. we have a very exciting young team and i think they will surprise some teams this year.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 am
Starting Wide Receiver

vikeinmontana wrote:
took advantage of the free preview of the nba package on directv last night and really enjoyed watching the wolves. i will be ordering the package as this team is very fun to watch. it's not translating into a ton of wins...YET....but i think it will. we have a very exciting young team and i think they will surprise some teams this year.

The have been in every game, although they seem to get behind easily. what is different about this team is they can come back. I think Rick Adelman is making a huge difference. Their biggest issue right now is free throws, IMO. Hopefully that can be corrected. I agree, they are very fun to watch, and Rubio has looked very impressive so far!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Backup

PurpleMustReign wrote:
The have been in every game, although they seem to get behind easily. what is different about this team is they can come back. I think Rick Adelman is making a huge difference. Their biggest issue right now is free throws, IMO. Hopefully that can be corrected. I agree, they are very fun to watch, and Rubio has looked very impressive so far!

Both our rookies, Rubio and Williams, look very promising. Like you said, if they made their free throws against the Heat they would have won that game. Very entertaining and promising team to watch. Kevin Love is a stud on offense, defense still needs to improve, but I'm glad they aren't just folding out of games anymore when they get down.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:44 am
Career Elite Player

i have always loved beasley too....but i wish he'd let his offense come to him a little more rather than forcing things. let's be honest...the guy can get a shot off whenever he wants, but that doesn't mean he has to! especially with a finger on your shooting hand wrapped up! this isn't meant to be a knock on his game as i love having him on our team. i'd just like to see a little more synch on offense and i think sometimes his decisions alter that.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

The Wolves are on the right path now, that's obvious. Love/Rubio/Williams looks to be a great core to build around. They've looked pretty good in every game so far, except for the weird loss to the friggin' Cavaliers when they looked sloppy. You could see Love getting really frustrated at the end of that game, but that loss just showed that the team still has a ways to go. An expected bump in the road.

Rubio can do some pretty sick stuff on the court. Crazy bounce passes through traffic and perfectly placed ally-oops. He's really fun to watch. Technically he's an NBA rookie but he's not like other rookies.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:43 pm
All Pro Elite Player

All I gotta say is RUBIO!!! I thought he'd be alright but he is playing lights out right now. With Love and Williams, this team has a bright future

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 pm
Hall of Famer

This team is so much more fun to watch opposed to years past. However, they are still a frustrating bunch to watch. I really hope we see a lineup change here before the next game.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:24 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
This team is so much more fun to watch opposed to years past. However, they are still a frustrating bunch to watch. I really hope we see a lineup change here before the next game.

I'm hoping Rubio and Williams start soon. both of them look like they will excel once they get more experience. Rubio is freakin awesome.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

I'm hoping Rubio and Williams start soon. both of them look like they will excel once they get more experience. Rubio is freakin awesome.

i agree. i love when rubio and rid are on the floor together. i love the energy jj brings, but i love rid at the 2 and rubio running the show. darko is serviceable but i'd prefer a healthy brad miller in there. still pretty weak position imo. then, you obviously have to go with love at one of the forward spots. then it's tricky for me. beasley has had flashes of brilliance but i'd like williams to become a starter. i also love the energy randolph brings.

if i was HC.....

pg- rubio
sg- ridnour
sf- williams
pf- love
c- milicic :?

beasley
barea
randolph

also love the energy that ellington and johnson bring. the wins aren't coming, but this is a very young and exciting team to watch. :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:

Rubio has to start Friday Night. Wolves are just so much better when he is in. With the slow starts the TWolves have been having i am guessing its a lock Rubio starts the game. As for Williams i dont think he will start anytime soon. Beasley should be back soon (and will start imo) and right now the way Randolph is playing i would start Randolph over Williams at this point.

What are the odds Beasley gets traded? With Williams and Randolph i really dont see a big need for him and Beasley could get us a coveted SG which this team is in DESPERATE need of.

Funny how the last few years noone cared about the TWolves(me included) and now it seems everyone loves them. Kind of fun having a filler while the Vikes are on offseason.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Looks like the Northwest may end up being the toughest division this year. As a Jazz fan, I'm hoping we can stay ahead of the T-Wolves. :D

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:48 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Ricky Rubio is a freaking stud. Some of his passes are ones that should not physically be able to happen. I love watching his highlightsQ!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

Big win tonight! Sad/Encouraging statistic: First 6-8 start for the Wolves since 2006. Wayne Ellington and Ricky Rubio dominated that 2nd half tonight vs. Detroit.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 pm
Career Elite Player

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Big win tonight! Sad/Encouraging statistic: First 6-8 start for the Wolves since 2006. Wayne Ellington and Ricky Rubio dominated that 2nd half tonight vs. Detroit.

i agree. after getting the free preview of the nba league pass through directv....i made it one game before i had to order the pass to watch this team. i still think this team has the makeup to sneak in the playoffs as an 8 seed. love having rubio and rid out there together. we play pretty good defense i feel....just gotta knock down shots! that first half last night was brutal but what a second half.

love the make-up of this squad.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm
Hall of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10849317

Man, I hope they announce this soon so my anxiety could subdue. I mean, I love Derrick Williams and I believe he has massive potential, but he is not Kevin Love.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 am
Backup

Timberwolves vs. Lob City 10:30 PM on ESPN! Support your Wolves!!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next