View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Joe Senser hit-n-run thread 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Joe Senser's car linked to deadly hit and run
Quote:
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The Mercedes SUV believed to have been involved in a recent fatal hit and run in Minneapolis is registered to Joe Senser, his attorney, Eric Nelson confirmed to KARE 11 Thursday evening. The SUV was taken into police custody last Wednesday when a search warrant for Senser's property was executed by the Minnesota State Patrol.

Anousone Phanthavong, 38, of Roseville was filling up his car with gas on I-94 near Riverside Avenue when he was struck by a car last Tuesday night. The day after the accident, the Minnesota State Patrol received a phone call from Nelson, who is representing the Senser family. Nelson told the state patrol that his clients own the Merceded SUV involved in the hit and run.

"The Senser family is obviously very keenly aware of the tragedy that is involved here and they are attempting to deal with that as a family," Nelson said.

The trooper who was sent to the Senser home in Edina reported he noticed the vehicle had sustained damage to the front passenger side and front fender. According to the search warrant, the trooper also noticed "what appeared to be a blood-like substance" on the hood of the SUV.

Also taken from the vehicle were tissue samples, a bobby pin, a "Mike's" bottle cap, earrings, a toothpick and a bottle.

When asked specifically about the bottle and bottle cap Nelson said; "You know it speaks for itself. What was found in car is what was found in the car."

The State Patrol met with Joe Senser and one member of his family on Tuesday, but Senser did not answer any questions regarding the hit and run, State Patrol Lt. Eric Roeske told KARE 11 Thursday night. Under the rights provided by the Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution, Senser was able to avoid answering any questions that may provide self-incriminating information.

"We are giving them as much information as we possible can," Nelson told KARE 11.

Senser spent four seasons with the Vikings in the early 1980s and is now a part-owner and namesake of four Joe Senser's Sports Theater restaurants.

There have been no arrests in the case and no information has been released on who may have been driving the vehicle.

Nelson says the Senser family will be releasing a statement on this issue in the next day or two.

(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9366 ... Joe-Senser

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Joe Senser hit-n-run thread
Turns out it was his wife...

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18814560

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:22 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Re: Joe Senser hit-n-run thread
Wow

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm
Career Elite Player

Yeah - Really sad stuff. True Thai is a good place too (the guy that was killed)...hope everyone in his family, co-workers, etc are doing OK.

What pisses me off is that they waited so long to come out with who was driving.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Man, that is terrible. What a sad story.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

Im sure she was drunk....thats why they waited.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 pm
Hall of Famer

CCthebest wrote:

Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible?? Other than her, herself, I doubt anyone is "sure" what happened. But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm
Career Elite Player

purple guy wrote:
But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.

it made me smile that you were the poster who said this.....

:wink:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 pm
Starter

"The fact that they turned in that vehicle is evidence of that integrity." Nelson said the family could have abandoned the SUV in a lake, or gotten rid of it in some other fashion.

That is awesome reasoning.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm
Commissioner

purple guy wrote:
CCthebest wrote:

Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible?? Other than her, herself, I doubt anyone is "sure" what happened. But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.

Yes, when someone hits someone, takes off, and it comes out later. Instead of, you know, stopping to see if said hit person is DEAD OR NOT, you're a low life scumbag who probably has a pretty BAD reason why you took off and didn't immediately stop and report it.

Pretty clear what you do if this happens, and it's not hit and run, it's not ignore it until a police report comes up, it's not immediately run home and lawyer up. #### despicable. And she'll probably get off easy. Worthless drunk dead beat POS.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:07 pm
Transition Player

Demi wrote:
purple guy wrote:
CCthebest wrote:

Yes, when someone hits someone, takes off, and it comes out later. Instead of, you know, stopping to see if said hit person is DEAD OR NOT, you're a low life scumbag who probably has a pretty BAD reason why you took off and didn't immediately stop and report it.

Pretty clear what you do if this happens, and it's not hit and run, it's not ignore it until a police report comes up, it's not immediately run home and lawyer up. #### despicable. And she'll probably get off easy. Worthless drunk dead beat POS.

What if she is taking the hit for Joe?????

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:12 pm
Hall of Famer

vikeinmontana wrote:
purple guy wrote:
But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.

A hit and run is a bit different than cheering for the Vikings. Claiming one is "sure" of something that they actually have no idea of isnt really similiar to what I usually ramble on about. I never claim to "know" anything, just have an opinion.

But I get what you are sayin. :thumbsup:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 pm
Career Elite Player

purple guy wrote:
vikeinmontana wrote:
purple guy wrote:

A hit and run is a bit different than cheering for the Vikings. Claiming one is "sure" of something that they actually have no idea of isnt really similiar to what I usually ramble on about. I never claim to "know" anything, just have an opinion.

My opions is, im sure she was drunk.

But I get what you are sayin. :thumbsup:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:33 pm
Career Elite Player

Ahhh too many quotes. Can never figure out how to bypass that or only pick ta few quotes.

Anyways, my opinion is, im sue she was drunk.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 pm
Starter

What if she is taking the hit for Joe?????[/quote]

Then he is weak. Would you let your wife potentially go to prison for a long time for something you did?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm
Hall of Famer

This is a sensational story, but it has nothing to do with the Vikings of 2011...

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 pm
Hall of Famer

purple guy wrote:
CCthebest wrote:

Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible??

It's not only possible, but I'm sure it will be the defense's argument if the prosecution asserts that she was drunk. It's exactly what you'd want everyone to believe if you were driving drunk when you killed someone and fled the scene.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Hall of Famer

Eli wrote:
purple guy wrote:
CCthebest wrote:

Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible??

It's not only possible, but I'm sure it will be the defense's argument if the prosecution asserts that she was drunk. It's exactly what you'd want everyone to believe if you were driving drunk when you killed someone and fled the scene.

My point is, she wouldnt have to be drunk to panic and flee. While its certainly possible, its not the only explanation and its "possible" alcohol was not involved.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm
Site Admin

Eli wrote:

There is a miniscule chance she gets charged with being drunk. A prosecutor would need multiple credible witnesses saying they witnessed her drinking a ton to even bring the charge.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 pm
Starter

At least Donte Stallworth stopped and called the cops himself. I hope they throw the book at this lady. She only turned herself in cause there was no chance of getting away.

If it was an accident then wait there and explain yourself. If you were totally at fault then wait a week and get a lawyer.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 pm
Career Elite Player

Family will go for a civil suit next week. Good for them.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 am
Strong Safety

One of my best friends was killed by a drunk driver coming home from work
at 430 in the afternoon.

In my mind this should be not different than a murder2 charge

everyone should know not drink and drive

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:07 am
Career Elite Player

Family is already making a civil case against the Sensers

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 pm
Career Elite Player

Anna from True Thai's blog post that never got to the media. Such a depressing read. Screw the Sensers 100%

http://annastruethainews.blogspot.com/2 ... f-ped.html

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:58 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

The whole way the Senser family is handling this mess is shameful. How can someone be killed in a hit-and-run accident and no one is in custody?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm
Career Elite Player

HornedMessiah wrote:
The whole way the Senser family is handling this mess is shameful. How can someone be killed in a hit-and-run accident and no one is in custody?

Its called being rich and famous.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 pm
Career Elite Player

Sucks that KFAN does a lot of remote shows from Senser's bar(s). BOOO

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]