Screw you LeBron

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Screw you LeBron

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Whiners don't always win. Punk.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Screw you LeBron

Post by Now its our time »

The ultimate front-runner :rofl:
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

miami heat the NBA's version of the Yankees
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I really dont get the hate for James. He is a good player, stays out of trouble. Just wanted to try win a championship more than make more money for a #### team???? Is he a choker?? Yea, maybe. But he is a dam good basketball player who is a lot less of a thug than most players in the NBA. He chose Miami over Cleveland, WHO THE HELL wouldnt???? Loyality in pro sports will only get you so far. I dont particularily like the way James left, but big deal, players leave teams all the time, simply for more cash, Lebron left for less cash and a chance to win, cant really blame him. Im not a Lebron fan, and for the most part, I think the NBA is unwatchable, but the hate for James is a bit ridicolous IMO. Leading the way, Skip Bayless, delusional.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

purple guy wrote:I really dont get the hate for James. He is a good player, stays out of trouble. Just wanted to try win a championship more than make more money for a #### team???? Is he a choker?? Yea, maybe. But he is a dam good basketball player who is a lot less of a thug than most players in the NBA. He chose Miami over Cleveland, WHO THE HELL wouldnt???? Loyality in pro sports will only get you so far. I dont particularily like the way James left, but big deal, players leave teams all the time, simply for more cash, Lebron left for less cash and a chance to win, cant really blame him. Im not a Lebron fan, and for the most part, I think the NBA is unwatchable, but the hate for James is a bit ridicolous IMO. Leading the way, Skip Bayless, delusional.
I don't personally have any "hate" for James, he hasn't done anything to me ... but he didn't just leave a team, he left the state he was from. This was more than a professional decision no matter how you slice it.

That'd be like if the US wasn't as good in the Olympics at basketball as they are and he moved to another country because he wanted to be on the "winning" team.

It's a matter of pride and principal and that's why he gets judged on it so harshly.

What he did says "I don't have pride or loyalty, I just want to win whatever it takes" ... do you know anybody personally that has that kind of mentality that you like?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

S197 wrote:Image.
I beat you to it lol
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

thats great I needed a good laugh my precious !!!!!
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: I beat you to it lol
Darn, I was wondering if that's the image you posted. It isn't showing up on my computer for some reason.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

purple guy wrote:I really dont get the hate for James. He is a good player, stays out of trouble. Just wanted to try win a championship more than make more money for a #### team???? Is he a choker?? Yea, maybe. But he is a dam good basketball player who is a lot less of a thug than most players in the NBA. He chose Miami over Cleveland, WHO THE HELL wouldnt???? Loyality in pro sports will only get you so far. I dont particularily like the way James left, but big deal, players leave teams all the time, simply for more cash, Lebron left for less cash and a chance to win, cant really blame him. Im not a Lebron fan, and for the most part, I think the NBA is unwatchable, but the hate for James is a bit ridicolous IMO. Leading the way, Skip Bayless, delusional.
Having an hour long special to announce what team your going to? Having an "arrival" special with disco music, smoke, rising from the stage? Having "Chosen One" tattooed on your back? He's also got dozens of idiotic statements he's made throughout his career.

He's an immature prima donna arrogant jerk. Acting like all he did was go to another team is even more ridiculous than the hate he gets for being the childish #### he is...
“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”
Stay classy Lebron.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Cliff wrote: I don't personally have any "hate" for James, he hasn't done anything to me ... but he didn't just leave a team, he left the state he was from. This was more than a professional decision no matter how you slice it.

That'd be like if the US wasn't as good in the Olympics at basketball as they are and he moved to another country because he wanted to be on the "winning" team.

It's a matter of pride and principal and that's why he gets judged on it so harshly.

What he did says "I don't have pride or loyalty, I just want to win whatever it takes" ... do you know anybody personally that has that kind of mentality that you like?

So, any player who leave the team that drafted them or a state they are from, is a dick?? As far as the Olympics, apples and Oranges. Totally different, and I think you know that. Do I like "how" he did it, no. He brings a lot on himself. He probably focuses too much on non-basketball stuff than most players with his talent. And Id take, "I want to win whatever it it takes" over "I want to play for the team that will pay me the most" anyday.

Again, I hate the NBA and not a Lebron fan really. To me, its more how he did it than what he did. Its a sign of immaturity over dickheadedness IMO. People are always OK with great players switching teams for less money in leiu of a championship when they are at the end of their career, Lebron just did it earlier, thats actually smart IMO. Could have been handled more professionally, forsure. But with some of the thugs in pro sports, he could do a lot worse.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

LeBron is a victim of his own freakishly dominant teenage years. People were already crowing this guy as the next Jordan when he was like 16. Everyone assumed he would show up in the NBA, find his footing for a few years, and then start winning rings effortlessly. So, a big part of this is the immense expectations the media placed on him so it's a bit unfair, but part of it too is LeBron embracing that worship instead of ignoring it. Getting "Chosen 1" tattooed on your back isn't a very humble act.

They'll be back though. If I had some funny money to play around with, I would put money down right now that the Heat will return to the finals next year.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Dallas was defending him with Kidd and Barea the last couple games and he didn't make them pay for it. nuff said.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I hate him for the way he called attention to himself, quit on the Cavs in the playoffs against Boston (a couple of different times) and thinks he is all that. Is he a good player, yes. Is he a great player, not yet. He can be, if he just shuts up and plays basketball.
Look at guys like Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, Derick Rose... they play the game and let their game do the talking. Shut up and play, LeBron, shut up and play.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018