Lost Angeles LOLAKERS

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Lost Angeles LOLAKERS

Post by Hunter Morrow »

LOL LAKERS.

They are falling apart, its fabulous. They are the NBA Yankees, the 100 million payroll team that its just soooo easy to love to hate. They couldn't stop Dirk if they shot him in the head. Kobe is visibly pissed and on the verge of crying in the post game interviews. Phil "Soul Patch" Jackson is getting his karma and dharma and chi all out of whack and flipping out on players in the middle of the game. Its so beautiful. I am around all these Lakers fans and I want to see them get swept so I can suck up their tears like Cartman sucked up Scott Tenorman's tears.

YES! YES!
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Re: Lost Angeles LOLAKERS

Post by purple guy »

I know, lovin it! They are definatlely the NBAs Yanks. Hope they get swept. Let the excuses and finger pointing begin. Im not an NBA fan, but like you, I love to hate the Lakers!
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Hunter Morrow wrote:LOL LAKERS.

They are falling apart, its fabulous. They are the NBA Yankees, the 100 million payroll team
Doesnt the NBA have a salary cap?
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

Hunter Morrow wrote:LOL LAKERS.

They are falling apart, its fabulous. They are the NBA Yankees, the 100 million payroll team that its just soooo easy to love to hate. They couldn't stop Dirk if they shot him in the head. Kobe is visibly pissed and on the verge of crying in the post game interviews. Phil "Soul Patch" Jackson is getting his karma and dharma and chi all out of whack and flipping out on players in the middle of the game. Its so beautiful. I am around all these Lakers fans and I want to see them get swept so I can suck up their tears like Cartman sucked up Scott Tenorman's tears.

YES! YES!
200 million payroll for the Loakers
Viking fan since '65
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

NDVikeFan wrote: Doesnt the NBA have a salary cap?
NBA's cap is soft. Lakers have the highest salary at $95M, but Orlando is not far behind at $90, Dallas at $86, Boston at $83. It's not like the Yankees spending way more money than everyone else.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Tha Lakers do have the talent to come back, and Dallas isn't exactly a powerhouse this season, so I could see the Lakers coming back. I really hope not thoufh.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

glg wrote: NBA's cap is soft. Lakers have the highest salary at $95M, but Orlando is not far behind at $90, Dallas at $86, Boston at $83. It's not like the Yankees spending way more money than everyone else.
Do they have a luxury tax than for teams who go over?
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Why didn't they just have Phil Jackson go to half court and wave a white flag and save everybody the time?

I've never seen a playoff basketball game where it was so apparent that one team had just quit.

I couldn't even take any joy in watching this game. I had to turn it off at half time. It was just brutal to behold.
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Andrew Bynum is just a classless player. Elbows JJ Barea in the chest when he goes up for a layup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFNr8mKRj6s

Oh, this isn't his first time either. He did the same thing to Michael Beasley earlier this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLER ... ature=fvwp

And again on Gerald Wallace who broke his rib.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AV ... re=related
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

NDVikeFan wrote: Do they have a luxury tax than for teams who go over?
Yes, but at a different level. This year, the cap is $58M, the tax threshold is $70M. tax is dollar for dollar above the tax threshold (ie, the Lakers pay $25M in tax, Orlando $20M, etc).
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I found this when I searched for a Lakers topic.

The original post is too funny.

Anyways, NBA fans...

Thoughts on Kobe? Should he move on?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Back to Back season ending injuries

a ton of miles .. I would say Kobe is about done
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!