Twins 2011

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Twins 2011

Post by vikeinmontana »

twins playing good ball again. that's 7-2 over our last 9 games and we're beating some good teams. fun to see mauer at 1st tonight. let's hope they keep it going!

:rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Wow, after that 1st inning by Blacky I figured it was over. Now we're up by 3 in the 5th! Some young guys hitting in clutch spots!
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

purple guy wrote:Wow, after that 1st inning by Blacky I figured it was over. Now we're up by 3 in the 5th! Some young guys hitting in clutch spots!
ya i don't remember a lot of games like this so far this year where we were down by a few runs and battled back. especially making up ground so quickly. hope they keep it up!
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

vikeinmontana wrote: ya i don't remember a lot of games like this so far this year where we were down by a few runs and battled back. especially making up ground so quickly. hope they keep it up!

Luke Hughes has been pretty decent lately. I do hope Mauer plays first more.
And, of course, I hope they keep winning 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

What a difference a month can make! Five weeks ago the Twins were like 20 games back, now at the All-Star break they've cut it to 6.5. Pretty remarkable, considering that almost everyone (except PA) had completely given up on them. This just strongly reinforces the fact that you NEVER give up on the Twins.

They're in a great position right after the break: a twelve game homestand ALL against divisional opponents. I'm pretty sure none of the other AL Central teams are too thrilled about facing the Twins right now...they've arguably been the hottest team in MLB over the past month.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

HornedMessiah wrote:What a difference a month can make! Five weeks ago the Twins were like 20 games back, now at the All-Star break they've cut it to 6.5. Pretty remarkable, considering that almost everyone (except PA) had completely given up on them. This just strongly reinforces the fact that you NEVER give up on the Twins.

They're in a great position right after the break: a twelve game homestand ALL against divisional opponents. I'm pretty sure none of the other AL Central teams are too thrilled about facing the Twins right now...they've arguably been the hottest team in MLB over the past month.
as some of us here predicted they would be..... :wink:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I am so sick of Matt Capps right now. Someone explain to me why he was lsft in after walking the first batter? #### retard.
Trade him and Slowey for a reliever. I wish it was legal to do bodily harm to someone for being a loser.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am so sick of Matt Capps right now. Someone explain to me why he was lsft in after walking the first batter? #### retard.
Trade him and Slowey for a reliever. I wish it was legal to do bodily harm to someone for being a loser.
yikes.

last night was tough to swallow. both starters pitched a great game. as usual, our bullpen did not come to play. i still like capps but i think he's a headcase right now. he's just too good a pitcher to be making the mistakes he's been making this year.

here's to get back to our winning ways! can't wait for the tigers and sox!!!
i'm ready for a beer.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Capps is NOT closer material.

But man, I love Cuddy!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Woohoo, Nathan has regained the closer role! It was inevitable. I've hated the Capps trade from day one. Closers need to have nasty overpowering stuff. Capps definitely doesn't.

Now I read today that the team has had internal discussions about possibly trading with the Blue Jays to bring back Rauch as a set-up man...all I can do is shake my head at the situation. What about Perkins as a set-up man? I thought he was doing a great job at that...? Or do they want to use him as more of a long relief guy?

BTW...5 games back. 8)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HornedMessiah wrote:Woohoo, Nathan has regained the closer role! It was inevitable. I've hated the Capps trade from day one. Closers need to have nasty overpowering stuff. Capps definitely doesn't.

Now I read today that the team has had internal discussions about possibly trading with the Blue Jays to bring back Rauch as a set-up man...all I can do is shake my head at the situation. What about Perkins as a set-up man? I thought he was doing a great job at that...? Or do they want to use him as more of a long relief guy?

BTW...5 games back. 8)

I'm guessing they want Perkins as another LH reliever. I'd love to have Rauch back. Send Capps to TOR for him. Then send Slowey to LAD for Gurierr.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I wouldn't mind Rauch back either. Earlier when I said I was shaking my head at the situation, it was because of the stupidity of the whole Rauch-Capps situation. Team thought Rauch didn't cut it as the closer last year, so they go make a dumb trade to get a mediocre closer in Capps, who completely implodes this year. Now the team wants Rauch back, despite the fact that he's a known dickhead and not well liked by some players on the team.

I heard a stat a while back, that Rauch and Capps have similar stat lines as members of the Twins. Rauch might even be better now, with how Capps has completely tanked this year.

I've said it before, but #### the way the bullpen situation has been bungled, someone should get fired. We Twins fans have grown accustomed to having a solid bullpen and this year is a total freaking embarrassment. Not acceptable.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Well lost the first of the DH, I would bet we lose the second as well. We got to 5 games back, now I suppose they'll drop 4 of the next 5. Thats the 2011 Twins.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Can you chalk up the losses today to the fact it was a double header on one of the most hot & humid days of the year? :(
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

HornedMessiah wrote:Can you chalk up the losses today to the fact it was a double header on one of the most hot & humid days of the year? :(

Nope. Both teams had to deal with the same heat. This years Twins, just arent any good, in any weather.