Twins 2011

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: Twins 2011

Post by Demi »

Delmin Young hits game winning HR to lift Detroit over the Yankees against Soriano. :rofl:
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

....and Delmon hits a 1st inning HR tonight in game 5 vs. the Yankees. He's been a stud for them so far in the postseason.

:wallbang:

The day will come though, when Tigers fans get a good dose of Delmon's fielding hijinx
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

HornedMessiah wrote:....and Delmon hits a 1st inning HR tonight in game 5 vs. the Yankees. He's been a stud for them so far in the postseason.

:wallbang:

The day will come though, when Tigers fans get a good dose of Delmon's fielding hijinx
punto is having a good post season too. in the field at least. still not much at the plate.
i'm ready for a beer.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

It says a lot about the Twins' season when fans were reminiscing about the good ol' days of Punto. We could've used his bat this year, LOL!

Soo....anyone think the Twins have a shot at signing C.J. Wilson? Seems like he's the only stud starter that's going to be on the market. Buehrle will also be available.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Delmon Young is off of the Tigers' ALCS Roster with an Oblique strain. I feel bad for him because he was really doing well for Detroit. I always liked Delmon, I just think he needed a change of scenery (and REAL coaching perhaps?).
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote:Soo....anyone think the Twins have a shot at signing C.J. Wilson? Seems like he's the only stud starter that's going to be on the market. Buehrle will also be available.
Not if the Yankees back up the truck
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Noxage »

HornedMessiah wrote: Soo....anyone think the Twins have a shot at signing C.J. Wilson? Seems like he's the only stud starter that's going to be on the market. Buehrle will also be available.
The Yankees and Red Sox both need pitching and are going to bump Wilson's price into the stratosphere.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Delmon Young is off of the Tigers' ALCS Roster with an Oblique strain. I feel bad for him because he was really doing well for Detroit. I always liked Delmon, I just think he needed a change of scenery (and REAL coaching perhaps?).

That was a bummer for him, I was watching when he was hurt. He has been doing well for Detroit. I was rooting for Detroit, but I think they will be gone in 5 games, sucks they beat the Yanks and cant get past Texas. It didnt help Verlander had a bad inning or two and it costed them the game. He is a stud I think, wish the Twins had a pitcher (and a manager).
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Delmon had 2 bombs last night, good to see his muscle pull/strain wasnt serious. He certainly was the mvp of that game, along with the stud Verlander! I hope they can find a way to beat Texas, but its gonna be tough.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote:Delmon had 2 bombs last night, good to see his muscle pull/strain wasnt serious. He certainly was the mvp of that game, along with the stud Verlander! I hope they can find a way to beat Texas, but its gonna be tough.
It's amazing what some of these players can do when they don't have to hit "the Twins Way" and go for line drives all the time. I'm happy for Delmon, he really looked happy the othernight.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

So the news came out yesterday that Thome signed a one year deal with the Phillies. Now today I see that the Phillies are pursuing Cuddyer: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... l-cuddyer/
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Wow, this came out of nowhere. Not totally surprising though: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... placement/

Good riddance! It's shocking how many poor decisions this guy made in only four years.

Considering that they're using Ryan as an "interim", suggests that this was a very sudden thing. Seems like not long ago the team was giving the ol' "vote of confidence" for both Gardy AND Smith. Weird that this would happen now and not a week or so ago.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I am shocked as hell. The Pohlad family have been ####'s for a long time. I can't believe they had the balls to fire this guy. I'm happy though!!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Good little article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9297 ... sota-twins
Nobody knows what really went on in those meetings, but it was rumored that the Red Sox were willing to give up a package which included OF Jacoby Ellsbury, P Jon Lester, SS Jed Lowrie and P Justin Masterson. All of these players had promising futures in the majors, but Smith turned the deal down.
:shock:

First time I've ever heard that. My god...

I also just saw this: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... get-field/

Let's just hope that Ryan can get this team back on its feet. There's lots of work to be done. We could see some interesting moves here this offseason, I doubt Ryan is just going to sit back and keep the same roster and hope everyone gets healthy.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I hope Guardy goes too. Surprised and pleased he is gone. Half way there.