Any hockey fans here?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

zamboni14
Backup

Any hockey fans here?

Post by zamboni14 »

So I see a Twins thread, and from going though some of the old pages I saw a few T-Wolves threads.... anyone into hockey around here, or is it just me?
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Re: Any hockey fans here?

Post by purple guy »

Love high school hockey, college hocey is fun, but the NHL, to me, is a total waste of time. Would rather watch bowling or chess. The NHL has ruined itself IMO. Now the Souix and any high school game, thats fun to watch.
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

I can understand not being a fan of the NHL (it's funny how college and high school hockey is so much better to watch... yet the NHL is supposed to have the best?)

I still love going to a few high school games when I have time during the winter. I've even gone to a few girls hockey games (watched 'Tonka vs Hopkins in a 1-0 section final last year... great game!)

Sioux? I have to admit to being a Gopher fan.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I used to be a fan of the Wild until they started going "pohlad" and not paying the good players they had and not bringing in good free agents. They had a good team a few years ago but let Dimetra go and didn't sign anyone of decent calibre. Idk, it makes me mad when ownership doesn't give any yet they still expect everyone to give them back.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I used to be a fan of the Wild until they started going "pohlad" and not paying the good players they had and not bringing in good free agents. They had a good team a few years ago but let Dimetra go and didn't sign anyone of decent calibre. Idk, it makes me mad when ownership doesn't give any yet they still expect everyone to give them back.
I was all for getting rid of both Gabby and Dimetra (would have liked it if we would have TRADED them... but that falls on our GM.) Actually, the Wild have been near the top of the cap every year (which is the problem actually.) DR really hosed the team by making bad deals left and right (which doesn't fall on the owner.) Now we are left to rebuild with almost zero prospects, very few draft picks (well now we have picks) and terrible contracts that over pay players.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

hockey and NASCAR are the best sports too see live.after living here in southern califorina i havent seen a hockey game in a long time.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

zamboni14 wrote:So I see a Twins thread, and from going though some of the old pages I saw a few T-Wolves threads.... anyone into hockey around here, or is it just me?

If you wanna talk college hockey, that's okay by me. Big Bulldog hockey fan here! And besides, we have a pretty good college men's team up here in Duluth and the premiere women's college team in the country. I find the NHL pretty boring.

Dawn
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

DeeEss57 wrote:
If you wanna talk college hockey, that's okay by me. Big Bulldog hockey fan here! And besides, we have a pretty good college men's team up here in Duluth and the premiere women's college team in the country. I find the NHL pretty boring.

Dawn
what are they doing with the old DECC? I have fond memories of playing a few games up there when I was in high school.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i watched many many high school and NHL games growing up in minnesota. fantastic memories. now i watch football in SoCal.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

zamboni14 wrote: what are they doing with the old DECC? I have fond memories of playing a few games up there when I was in high school.

The Dogs are currently still playing in the DECC. They don't move to Amsoil Arena til the end of December.

Dawn
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

that's what I mean... what are they going to do with the DECC after the Dogs move to the new arena? Keep it around (ala St. Paul Civic center) for entertainment reasons?
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

zamboni14 wrote:Keep it around (ala St. Paul Civic center) for entertainment reasons?
For later conversion into an NHL arena? ;)
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

zamboni14 wrote:that's what I mean... what are they going to do with the DECC after the Dogs move to the new arena? Keep it around (ala St. Paul Civic center) for entertainment reasons?
The DECC isn't going anywhere. It is an integral part of the Arena-Auditorium. It will still host the Home Show and the Boat Show and lots of other things. It also means that hockey games will no longer have to be scheduled around such things. And no worrying about already having something booked for the DECC when the Dogs have a playoff game to play at home!

Dawn
zamboni14
Backup

Post by zamboni14 »

So how about them Goofers? *quickly ducks*

So much needs to be done with that program. It doesn't matter who's coaching them, they are going to keep failing as long as they keep going after "only the best" Minnesota kids. And you can blame the boosters/alum/admin for that. And don't even get me started on Rob Stauber and his "teachings" that take good goalies and turn them into total failures.