Twins (We'll try it again)

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

purple guy
Hall of Famer

Re: Twins (We'll try it again)

Post by purple guy »

I heard on KFAN that Punto wont be back!!! Amen. Now if Guardy could get the ax, Twins might have a shot at something other than 1 and done.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:I heard on KFAN that Punto wont be back!!! Amen. Now if Guardy could get the ax, Twins might have a shot at something other than 1 and done.

I heard that too! YAY!! I would like to see Casilla get one more chance, I think he's been humbled in the last couple of years. His defense is just as good as Punto's, and he is much better making contact than Punto. It sounds like Hardy and Hudson won't be back either, although I wouldn't mind seeing one, but not both, of them back. Hudson was hurt easilly and Hardy dodn't hit very well in the first half of the year.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I heard that too! YAY!! I would like to see Casilla get one more chance, I think he's been humbled in the last couple of years. His defense is just as good as Punto's, and he is much better making contact than Punto. It sounds like Hardy and Hudson won't be back either, although I wouldn't mind seeing one, but not both, of them back. Hudson was hurt easilly and Hardy dodn't hit very well in the first half of the year.

Of course, if our pitching and manager stay the same, it wont matter if Punto, Hudson, or even Mauer are back. Guardy cant get his team prepared for the post season, period. And we dont have any pitching. Lariano is a good 2, and I liked what I saw out of Duensing. The rest are a dime a dozen. We all know Guardy is going no where, so I expect his typical bs.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

good to see gardy winning manager of the year. figured no one would post it here so i thought i'd send my congrats. saw denard said it was long overdue. what did he have, like 5 2nd place finishes before finally taking one home? i also found it interesting that he was the only manager that was on every single ballot.

it's clear that gardy doesn't have the support of some twins fans which is ok by me. but it is nice to see that he has the support and respect of his peers.

:thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

vikeinmontana wrote:good to see gardy winning manager of the year. figured no one would post it here so i thought i'd send my congrats. saw denard said it was long overdue. what did he have, like 5 2nd place finishes before finally taking one home? i also found it interesting that he was the only manager that was on every single ballot.

it's clear that gardy doesn't have the support of some twins fans which is ok by me. but it is nice to see that he has the support and respect of his peers.

:thumbsup:
Gardy has the support of the fans. I don't know what gives you the idea that he doesn't.

Also, Gardy just got a 2-year extension, so don't expect to see him gone anytime soon! :D
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I was shocked he won it. I am in the minority, he cant leave Minny fast enough as far as Im concerned. Years ago there was considerably less talent in Minny than on the Yankees, this season, IMO, not such a gap. And we didnt even show up to play in that series. Yea, Guardy can win the division fairly often, only to consistently get embarrassed in the playoffs. If he is up for any regular season awards, fine. If it matters how his teams perform in the playoffs, he definately doesnt deserve it. Apparently most Twins fans are OK with winning the division and a quick exit, annually. Cuz thats all he can muster. Ridiculous he continues to have support IMO. He has milked the "more with less" bs to the max.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

thatguy wrote: Gardy has the support of the fans. I don't know what gives you the idea that he doesn't.

Also, Gardy just got a 2-year extension, so don't expect to see him gone anytime soon! :D
Look above my post :wink:
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote:I was shocked he won it. I am in the minority, he cant leave Minny fast enough as far as Im concerned. Years ago there was considerably less talent in Minny than on the Yankees, this season, IMO, not such a gap. And we didnt even show up to play in that series. Yea, Guardy can win the division fairly often, only to consistently get embarrassed in the playoffs. If he is up for any regular season awards, fine. If it matters how his teams perform in the playoffs, he definately doesnt deserve it. Apparently most Twins fans are OK with winning the division and a quick exit, annually. Cuz thats all he can muster. Ridiculous he continues to have support IMO. He has milked the "more with less" bs to the max.

I agree 100%. He is lucky they vote at the end of the regular season rather than after the WS, like it should be.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I agree 100%. He is lucky they vote at the end of the regular season rather than after the WS, like it should be.

I honestly dont know how he even got it with the voting being done then. The Twins payroll could equal the Yanks and they would STILL claim "he does more with less" bs. Why do you suppose guys like Cliff Lee and Halliday have no trade clauses to Minnesota? Likely because they KNOW the Guardy and his Twins cant get past the first round of the playoffs. The Twins are very frustrating, they were very fun to watch in the regular season, however, reguardless of our record, or the fact we clinched a playoff birth, I KNEW they would be one and done, I KNEW it. Guardy had the team coast into the playoffs, and we didnt even really put up a fight, classic Guardy team. They need a near total over haul of the starting rotation before next season IMO. And Im pissed Guardy got an extension as next season will just be a rerun. Probably win a very weak division, then get swept out.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
What does that change? Ron Washington wins it after losing in the WS? Gardy is most deserving because he still managed to win the division WITHOUT his closer in Joe Nathan before the season even started and losing Morneau (an obvious MVP candidate at that point) halfway through the season. Gotta give him credit because those are huge (especially the Morneau one...someone posted his stats online and said he was on pace for some ridiculous record-breaking year if he kept it up for the most part). He was puttin' up huuuge numbers.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Iron Man Favre
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Iron Man Favre »

I think he got it the manager of the year award because he got robbed last year instead of the manager from LA winning it. I thought Ron Washington should of gotten the award this year.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... UM2H_MDCiU

Good points on Childress/Guardy. They are identical. Losers.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

purple guy wrote:http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... UM2H_MDCiU

Good points on Childress/Guardy. They are identical. Losers.
You can't compare the two. I'm not convinced at all by the article. Two completely different sports especially from a coaching standpoint.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

thatguy wrote: You can't compare the two. I'm not convinced at all by the article. Two completely different sports especially from a coaching standpoint.

Yea, I can compare the two, I just did.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote:
Yea, I can compare the two, I just did.

And I can agree. :thumbsup: