Twins (We'll try it again)

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Twins (We'll try it again)

Post by Now its our time »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I mean... the YANKEES. I can't believe it.

I'm going out on a limb and saying one and done again...
I'm going out on a bigger limb and I say we win the pennant...Keep the faith!
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Well, they are just steroid bullies that paid for playoff wins. (at least that's how some look at it)

Which if true...makes the regular season in MLB pretty darn silly when it means so much to buy/cheat for playoff wins...but that money and liquid strength can't even get you a regular season record above a puny small ball club? :?
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I hate to say it, but you might be right. Man, is it frustrating!
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

You are not going out on a limb, Im pretty sure everyone expects a sweep. With our pitching lately, giving up huge numbers against the mighty Tigers and Royals, it will be like batting practice for the Yanks. At least we'll only have to watch our pathetic starting rotation once, and only see Matt Gurrier 4 times, LOL. They hit cruise controll as soon as we clinched, and its going to cost them.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:
You are not going out on a limb, Im pretty sure everyone expects a sweep. With our pitching lately, giving up huge numbers against the mighty Tigers and Royals, it will be like batting practice for the Yanks. At least we'll only have to watch our pathetic starting rotation once, and only see Matt Gurrier 4 times, LOL. They hit cruise controll as soon as we clinched, and its going to cost them.

They only need to win 3 games, so Guerrier will only be able to pitch 3 times :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Lets have some predictions on the series. Im guessing we lose in 4. After we win 1st game, the rest are blow outs....
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote:Lets have some predictions on the series. Im guessing we lose in 4. After we win 1st game, the rest are blow outs....

I'll go with that, Yanks in 4. I don't know which game we will win, but in the end it won't matter.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i wonder why they are even bothering playing this series. seems like a waste of time to me. i say yanks in 2. they are going to blow the twins out so bad in games one and two that the twins won't even bother taking the field for game three. but as i said, it is asinine they are even taking the field for game one. such an effing joke. twins blow. go yanks! :rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

vikeinmontana wrote:i wonder why they are even bothering playing this series. seems like a waste of time to me. i say yanks in 2. they are going to blow the twins out so bad in games one and two that the twins won't even bother taking the field for game three. but as i said, it is asinine they are even taking the field for game one. such an effing joke. twins blow. go yanks! :rock:

Excellent points. That post is so much better than the ones posted that you disagree with, well done!
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

what? just sharing my thoughts. twins don't have a shot in hell this series. i'm not talking about them not having much of a chance...i'm saying they literally don't have .00000001% chance of winning this series. just seems like a waste of time is all. not saying you have to agree with me. just calling it like i see it. the yanks have just been on fire and are peaking, and we have done the opposite. sad but true. :(
i'm ready for a beer.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

vikeinmontana wrote:what? just sharing my thoughts. twins don't have a shot in hell this series. i'm not talking about them not having much of a chance...i'm saying they literally don't have .00000001% chance of winning this series. just seems like a waste of time is all. not saying you have to agree with me. just calling it like i see it. the yanks have just been on fire and are peaking, and we have done the opposite. sad but true. :(

Id actually give them .000547% chance, but I see what youre saying.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

purple guy wrote:
Id actually give them .000547% chance, but I see what youre saying.
no chance. you do WATCH the twins right? my little brothers legion baseball team would have a better shot taking a game from the yanks than the awful twins. i'm not talking about the series. winning that against the yanks was over before the season even started. i'm talking about winning ONE game. the twins don't have a thousandth of a percentage point of taking even one game from the yanks. i hope i'm wrong but i know i'm not. yanks are better at every single position and the managing isn't even close. like i said, i'm surprised they're even playing, but i can assure you i won't be tuning in. huge waste of time. thank god preseason hoops is upon us so i don't have to waste one more minute of my life on the pathetic twins. :wallbang:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

vikeinmontana wrote:no chance. you do WATCH the twins right? my little brothers legion baseball team would have a better shot taking a game from the yanks than the awful twins. i'm not talking about the series. winning that against the yanks was over before the season even started. i'm talking about winning ONE game. the twins don't have a thousandth of a percentage point of taking even one game from the yanks. i hope i'm wrong but i know i'm not. yanks are better at every single position and the managing isn't even close. like i said, i'm surprised they're even playing, but i can assure you i won't be tuning in. huge waste of time. thank god preseason hoops is upon us so i don't have to waste one more minute of my life on the pathetic twins. :wallbang:

What are you trying to do here? Get yourself banned or suspended?
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
What are you trying to do here? Get yourself banned or suspended?
what? i have been here over a year with no problems whatsoever. why would i try to be getting banned? are my opinions of this team really worthy of that? no...that is not my intention. my intention is to voice my displeasure with this team. unless there is some sort of rule where only a few posters are allowed to do that but if there is one i'm not aware of it. so no...i don't wish to be banned. this site allows me to get through my workday. i just think the twins are going to get completely creamed. sorry that is not as optimistic as i should be but it's how i feel. seems to me like you should be happy i finally saw the light on this one. i have stupidly backed the twins all season but now it is plain as day that they don't even belong in the same category as the yanks and rays. i do think they could win a game against the rangers but we will never know. sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way. not my intention. hope i'm wrong but the twins are 1 and done.....again. :x
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

vikeinmontana wrote: what? i have been here over a year with no problems whatsoever. why would i try to be getting banned? are my opinions of this team really worthy of that? no...that is not my intention. my intention is to voice my displeasure with this team. unless there is some sort of rule where only a few posters are allowed to do that but if there is one i'm not aware of it. so no...i don't wish to be banned. this site allows me to get through my workday. i just think the twins are going to get completely creamed. sorry that is not as optimistic as i should be but it's how i feel. seems to me like you should be happy i finally saw the light on this one. i have stupidly backed the twins all season but now it is plain as day that they don't even belong in the same category as the yanks and rays. i do think they could win a game against the rangers but we will never know. sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way. not my intention. hope i'm wrong but the twins are 1 and done.....again. :x

Ok, my bad...

I do expect a one and done. I would love to be wrong, and I will eat crow for breakfast lunch, and dinner if I am.