Clinch!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Clinch!

Post by DeeEss57 »

Yay!! Go Twins!!

Dawn
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Clinch!

Post by DanAS »

DeeEss57 wrote:Yay!! Go Twins!!

Dawn
As a friend of mine who roots for the Yankees said yesterday, "The Twins are amazing. Not just this year. Every year."

They really do seem to get the most out of the least (I'm referring to their payroll). This year, they've had all sorts of injury problems and yet here they are, one game back of the race for the best record in baseball. You can't help but be impressed.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DanAS wrote: As a friend of mine who roots for the Yankees said yesterday, "The Twins are amazing. Not just this year. Every year."

They really do seem to get the most out of the least (I'm referring to their payroll). This year, they've had all sorts of injury problems and yet here they are, one game back of the race for the best record in baseball. You can't help but be impressed.
Actually their payroll is over $100 million, with the addition of Mat Capps.

Good job Twins, I hope they can keep it up!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Actually their payroll is over $100 million, with the addition of Mat Capps.

Good job Twins, I hope they can keep it up!
This year it has obviously gone up, reflecting the increase in revenues from the new ball park. Then again, in the standings, they're competing with the Yankees, and the Yankees' payroll is way, way higher. Plus, the Twins' payroll is going in part to critical guys who have missed months. Moreover, in previous years, when the Twins' payroll was quite low, they were still winning their division.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Now, if we can just get enough wins to allow the Twins homefield, they play like a completely different team here, and teams like the Yanks, might not hit as many HRs here as at their place.

Is it just me, or is it surprisingly quiet on the Morneau front. Have not heard a thing really. If this was a high profile Viking, it would be the first question asked to BC in every post-game interview. Just seems weird its so quiet, unless Im just missing something. It seems pretty obvious he is done for the season, if not a worse scenerio than that.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

purple guy wrote:... Is it just me, or is it surprisingly quiet on the Morneau front. Have not heard a thing really. If this was a high profile Viking, it would be the first question asked to BC in every post-game interview. Just seems weird its so quiet, unless Im just missing something. It seems pretty obvious he is done for the season, if not a worse scenerio than that.
I'm afraid you're probably right about Morneau being done for the year. The Twins are playing it very cautiously with him, which I agree with. You can't fool around with concussions, especially for a player who has a history of them. But the Twins are going to miss having him on the roster for the playoffs. Despite the team's success without him, I can't help thinking they really need him for the playoffs.

Dawn
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DeeEss57 wrote: I'm afraid you're probably right about Morneau being done for the year. The Twins are playing it very cautiously with him, which I agree with. You can't fool around with concussions, especially for a player who has a history of them. But the Twins are going to miss having him on the roster for the playoffs. Despite the team's success without him, I can't help thinking they really need him for the playoffs.

Dawn

I truly believe he will retire in the offseason. IMO, if he is still having headaches, he would be stupid to come back and play knowing a ball to the head, or a knee, or even a hard movement could jeopardize his permanent health. I don't want him to retire, I love him as a Twin, but that may be the smartest thing.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

^It sure looks like that is a good possibility. It will certainly leave a hole in our line up, actually a huge one. While we have done very, very well without him since the All Star break, the playoffs are a whole different kind of baseball, and he will be sorely missed I believe. Whatever he chooses, Im sure it will be the right decision, based on his longterm health, which is obviously the most important factor.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

Go twins! They are certainly playing better than the Vikes right now.
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer