Madden 11

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Madden 11

Post by Now its our time »

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videoga ... &status=ok

these are the Madden 11 simulation of the season. They say we go 9-7 with Favre (who throws the most INTs) and 9-7 without Favre (which is weird because T-Jack doesn't compare to Favre. Meanwhile the Packers go 12-4 with a trip to the Super Bowl. Luckily,they say they lose to the Pats.

But I don't care about these because its not accurate of the Vikings...
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

808vikingsfan wrote: I can see the Vikings going 9-7 with some injuries and bad luck. What I can't see is the Lions winning 5 games.
If everything goes right for them I can see 5 wins.

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i heard the playcalling is more realistic. :( but thats why i loved madden for so many years, i loved the many many different plays you could call.
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

Post by The Bonecrusher »

I have madden 11 on the 360. My opinion is defensive pass coverage is broken way to easy to pass the ball, but then again i always use the vikings and their secondary kinda blows so maybe thats my problem.

if anyone wants to play let me know and i'll post my GT
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

The Bonecrusher wrote:I have madden 11 on the 360. My opinion is defensive pass coverage is broken way to easy to pass the ball, but then again i always use the vikings and their secondary kinda blows so maybe thats my problem.

if anyone wants to play let me know and i'll post my GT
Agreed. I was playing my friend and he was the colts and I would call a perfect coverage for an underneath route (cover 2) and he would always complete it no matter how many people were there. Also I think that it is way too easy to throw screens. The CPU is always dumb and never notices it and I'm always the only guy there,even playing Man and press coverage. I think at least the lineman with a high awareness rating should be able to sniff out a screen at least every once in a while

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sold the game back mid-season. It was alright but nothing that held my attention. Use Rhys Lloyd as your kicker if you aren't already, he's a lot better than Longwell in the game.
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Noxage »

The Madden Series is a disaster IMO. I remained loyal as long as I could but I finally didn't buy this year's game after renting it. There's nothing new.

When you compare the series to other sports series like The Show, NBA 2K_ or NHL, Madden really falters. Straight up terrible.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Noxage wrote:The Madden Series is a disaster IMO. I remained loyal as long as I could but I finally didn't buy this year's game after renting it. There's nothing new.

When you compare the series to other sports series like The Show, NBA 2K_ or NHL, Madden really falters. Straight up terrible.
EA needs competition again...

StarScreen
Waterboy

Post by StarScreen »

Is the Ultimate Team add-on any good?
Australia: Where Monday Night Football is on a Tuesday.
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

I would agree too I really like madden 11
I personnally used to love the Be as superstar mode and I think they have killed it in recent years. In older games you have apartments and did the combine and all that now you just play games. Also it bugs me that if i go a QB drafted to the pats with 60 overall i start over Tom Brady. A bit of realism in it would be nice.

also screens are WAYY to easy to complete they go for 10 + yards most times.

Anyone who plays online on PS3 give me a shout :D
Memento
Practice Squad

Post by Memento »

hibbingviking wrote:i heard the playcalling is more realistic. :( but thats why i loved madden for so many years, i loved the many many different plays you could call.
how lame
Memento
Practice Squad

Post by Memento »

808vikingsfan wrote: I loved the NFL 2K series. I can't image where that game would be now if EA didn't buy out the NFL license. Yeah, if NFL 2K was still in existance, I wouldn't be even talking about Madden.
I agree with both of ya 100 percent. I like Madden 2011 but I still don't think it compares to what that feeling had when Madden 2004 and 2005 came out. To me it seems like it just went downhill from that.

As far as the NFL 2K series that was some amazing #### for a low price. I still got my 2K3 with Urlacher on the cover and today I still think it is the best football game ever. It even had semi presentations and run down games at the end of a week season. MAdden doesn't even have that. Are u kidding me? This is why I don't buy Madden every year like other idiots I know (no offense to people here that does). It's just dumb especially when some things don't even improve and the same thing goes with the NBA live series after 2004 things got worse and worse.