LeBron fiasco

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

LeBron fiasco

Post by dead_poet »

Just curious what people's thoughts are with the 1-hour ESPN LeBron special/signing announcement. Florio compares LaBron to the NFL and the franchise tag. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-nowhere/

LeBron to announce decision Thurs. on ESPN

LeBron James plans to announce which team he will sign with during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, according to Chris Broussard of ESPN The Magazine.

Wow. We're not sure how ESPN will fill the one-hour slot, which is tentatively scheduled to begin at 9pm EST, but they'll find a way. So much for the notion that LeBron would announce his plans on Twitter or his personal website. Cleveland seems to have the edge in the LeBron-athon so far, but other contenders include the Nets, Heat, Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls.
Last edited by dead_poet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: LaBron fiasco

Post by Now its our time »

god,who cares? The guy hasn't even won a championship yet and just gave up in the playoffs
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Demi
Commissioner

Re: LeBron fiasco

Post by Demi »

As much as he helps any team he's clearly got some issues. Issues that could hold any team he does go to back enough not to win them a championship....
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

I have a feeling Cleveland fans are going to know just how Wolves fans felt when we lost KG. And the Cavs' arena will become a wasteland, just like Target Center.

Dawn
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

LeBron strikes me as a relatively unappealing personality who happens to have physical talent.
In short, he bores me.

I'm hoping for a three peat next year for the Lakers -- and more to the point, to see if Bynum can stay healthy for a whole season and realize his potential in the pivot. We still haven't seen this version of the Lakers at full strength. I'd like to see what they could do with a front court of a healthy Bynum, Gasol and either Odom or Artest, and with a backcourt of Kobe and Fisher or Blake. That team should be able to beat LaBron and whoever else he plays with.

But again, I'm assuming the Lakers can stay healthy during the playoffs, which you can't assume.
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

Now its our time wrote:god,who cares? The guy hasn't even won a championship yet and just gave up in the playoffs
Exactly who does this guy think he is. He won two MVP's that he shouldn't have. (I would of give it to Durant this year and Wade the year before.)
HE gave up on his team and now what he is gonna give up his own city too. I would lose what little respect I already have for him. I do think he staying with the Cavs but there are reports here in NY that he is eyeing a house in lower manhattan. Him announcing it in public is very selfish and the one thing I cant stand is for a guy who thinks he's great ends up holding his team hostage by not knowing what he wants to do.
Who does he think he is Brett Favre? :mrgreen:
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

reyez wrote: Exactly who does this guy think he is. He won two MVP's that he shouldn't have. (I would of give it to Durant this year and Wade the year before.)
HE gave up on his team and now what he is gonna give up his own city too. I would lose what little respect I already have for him. I do think he staying with the Cavs but there are reports here in NY that he is eyeing a house in lower manhattan. Him announcing it in public is very selfish and the one thing I cant stand is for a guy who thinks he's great ends up holding his team hostage by not knowing what he wants to do.
From what I saw in the series against the Celtics,he didn't really want to stay in Cleveland
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

reyez wrote: Exactly who does this guy think he is. He won two MVP's that he shouldn't have. (I would of give it to Durant this year and Wade the year before.)

Well said. He's a punk, and ESPN is stupid to make a show for this. What a joke this has become.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well said. He's a punk, and ESPN is stupid to make a show for this. What a joke this has become.
And yet, a lot of people will watch. at least for the first 10 minutes.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Well Miami is stacked now. Cleveland is one hurting city, the Browns, the Indians, and now the Cavs.... ouch.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:Well Miami is stacked now. Cleveland is one hurting city, the Browns, the Indians, and now the Cavs.... ouch.

I feel bad for Cleveland, and I thin LeBron should go to hell. He is the most selfish pathetic person in the NBA now, and I hope Miami suffers mightily.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

I feel bad for Cleveland, and I thin LeBron should go to hell. He is the most selfish pathetic person in the NBA now, and I hope Miami suffers mightily.
Yeah man!!! him not being loyal to his city, his actual hometown, it's really pathethic. SO it looks like it's going to be Miami and Lakers for the next 4-5 years in the finals. And watch just WATCH!! When Miami lose 3 games in a row, that a** hole Pat Riley (Miami's GM) is going to fire the coach and take over the team. Then he is going to receive all the glory and credit for winning the Championship just like he did in 05-06 when he fired Stan Van Gundy. This is exactly why NBA is the 3rd favorite sport in America. Watch some team like the Lakers or maybe even the Miami Heat get somebody like Chris Paul.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Wow. This is a pretty epic letter.

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i don't see what the big deal is. he took far less money to go to a place where he feels he has a shot to win. doesn't seem selfish to me. people still amaze me. like just because this guy happened to be drafted by his hometown team that he is obligated to stay there forever. even if he would have left to a city for more money i still wouldn't have blamed him. but he took less money, traded cleveland for south beach, and will play with 2 all stars as well as the best gm in the game in pat riley. ya, i'm sure no one else would ever consider this move.... :roll:
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

vikeinmontana wrote:i don't see what the big deal is. he took far less money to go to a place where he feels he has a shot to win. doesn't seem selfish to me. people still amaze me. like just because this guy happened to be drafted by his hometown team that he is obligated to stay there forever. even if he would have left to a city for more money i still wouldn't have blamed him. but he took less money, traded cleveland for south beach, and will play with 2 all stars as well as the best gm in the game in pat riley. ya, i'm sure no one else would ever consider this move.... :roll:

I read up a littl more about it and I didn't realize he took much less money. I can understand the move a little more, but I still feel bad for Cleveland. To me, he is in his what 5th year, and I think he could have stuck it out in his home town a little more, and if it doesn't happen in say 3-4 years, then move to try to get your ring.