Fedor goes Down

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Fedor goes Down

Post by S197 »

Not sure how many MMA fans are on the board but I was disappointed to see Fedor lose. It was bound to happen, and being undefeated for 10 years isn't going to be repeated ever again, but a loss to Werdum?

Just goes to show anything can happen in the octagon. I view this similar to the Serra/St. Pierre fight, if they re-match, they'll be no doubt who is the better fighter and who had a really really lucky night.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Fedor goes Down

Post by Now its our time »

I don't watch Strikeforce but I guess he was supposed to be invincible. Surprising for a submission in the 1st round though
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

I personally thought he was overated then again I didn't see or hear much about him until his last fight. If he was so good why not go to UFC?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

reyez wrote:I personally thought he was overated then again I didn't see or hear much about him until his last fight. If he was so good why not go to UFC?
Because his management company (which he is part owner in) wanted a co-promotional deal to get exposure in the United States for themselves, the UFC wasn't willing to do it. (Strikeforce was, and before that Affliction. That is the "M-1 Global" that you saw on the banners/intro of the event last night)
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

S197 wrote:
Just goes to show anything can happen in the octagon.
Actually the fight wasn't in the Octagon. UFC has the Octagon trademarked. Strikeforce uses a cage but i believe its one big Giant circle. Fedor should have went into UFC long ago. Now with the loss if UFC still wants him they will get him alot more cheap. I say If Fedor doesn't want to come no Big Deal. The UFC has some very good heavyweights of there own. Lesnar, Dos Santos, Valasquez and Carwin just to name a few.

BTW Shane Carwin vs Brock Lesnar this Saturday Night! This should be a great fight and i can see it going either way!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

NDVikeFan wrote: Actually the fight wasn't in the Octagon. UFC has the Octagon trademarked. Strikeforce uses a cage but i believe its one big Giant circle.
It's an octagon.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

S197 wrote: It's an octagon.
I think it's a hexagon.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Gah whatever geometric shape it is... they're all pretty close.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

S197 wrote:Gah whatever geometric shape it is... they're all pretty close.
:D Yeah there close but only the UFC can use the Octagon.