Streaming Radio Feeds

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Streaming Radio Feeds

Post by S197 »

I know a lot of people ask for radio feeds for the Vikings (and other sports) games, which are sometimes hard to find on the Internet. So... I thought I'd share this app I found which may prove useful for those of you with smart phones (iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc.).

The app is called iheartradio and allows you to stream 750+ clearchannel stations, including KFAN. The app is free and I tested it earlier today and it seems to work well.

I wasn't sure if the NFL would block the broadcasts during the games but from some forums I've read, Steeler and Charger fans were able to use this app and get the game feed without it being blocked. And it's owned by ClearChannel so it's legit.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass it on for those of us who are out of state and always looking for ways to catch the game.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Streaming Radio Feeds

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I know a lot of people ask for radio feeds for the Vikings (and other sports) games, which are sometimes hard to find on the Internet. So... I thought I'd share this app I found which may prove useful for those of you with smart phones (iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc.).

The app is called iheartradio and allows you to stream 750+ clearchannel stations, including KFAN. The app is free and I tested it earlier today and it seems to work well.

I wasn't sure if the NFL would block the broadcasts during the games but from some forums I've read, Steeler and Charger fans were able to use this app and get the game feed without it being blocked. And it's owned by ClearChannel so it's legit.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass it on for those of us who are out of state and always looking for ways to catch the game.
Thanks for the tip! I had it downloaded for quite awhile but haven't really messed with it. I will definitely turn to it if I'm unable to watch a game (God forbid).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Found an even better one for Verizon wireless customers, NFL Mobile app. You will get 8 Thursday night games live, all Sunday night games, NFL Redzone video and live audio for every game. Plus NFL Network 24/7. Free if you download before January 2011.

I played with this one yesterday and it works really well, zero lag and the quality is good. Just keep your charger close by because this thing will drain your battery (especially after a full game) and make sure you have unlimited data, of course.

Sorry to sound like a commercial, I have no affiliation with any of these guys, just trying to get Viking fans access to their team in any legal way possible. :wink:

glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

S197 wrote:Found an even better one for Verizon wireless customers, NFL Mobile app. You will get 8 Thursday night games live, all Sunday night games, NFL Redzone video and live audio for every game. Plus NFL Network 24/7. Free if you download before January 2011.
Sounds like it only has national games :?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

glg wrote: Sounds like it only has national games :?
I wasn't sure if the Thursday games are national or NFL Network, I thought they might be NFL Network. I think the only way to get all the games live is via DirecTV and their superfan package or whatever they're calling it. Still audio of every game and NFL Redzone video is more than what was available last year. Hopefully it's just a first step into finally getting fans what they want without having to shell out big bucks for satellite.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

S197 wrote: I wasn't sure if the Thursday games are national or NFL Network, I thought they might be NFL Network. I think the only way to get all the games live is via DirecTV and their superfan package or whatever they're calling it. Still audio of every game and NFL Redzone video is more than what was available last year. Hopefully it's just a first step into finally getting fans what they want without having to shell out big bucks for satellite.
Yeah, the thursdays are NFL Network. Sorry, that was a selfish response. I have cable with a sports package, so I get every national game (NBC, ESPN, NFL). I miss a game when we're on at the same time as Da Bears. It didn't happen often last year, and if gramps is back, probably won't happen much this year either, with games moving to NBC and 3PM and the like, but would be nice if there was a free radio option to get those Sunday games I can't get now. Only options are DirecTV with Sunday Ticket or nfl.com FieldPass (streaming radio stations, the reason KFAN doesn't stream online during games), both of which cost.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

S197 wrote:I know a lot of people ask for radio feeds for the Vikings (and other sports) games, which are sometimes hard to find on the Internet. So... I thought I'd share this app I found which may prove useful for those of you with smart phones (iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc.).

Thanks alot! Just downloaded the app and am listening to KFAN now.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Iron Man Favre
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Iron Man Favre »

I think there is a radio feed on the PSP as well. I don't know if they still have it on thier it's been years since I've used mines.
WarBird87
Backup

Post by WarBird87 »

i have iheartradio app on my phone and being down here in florida, i cant hear any of the games... the stations that play on that app are pre recorded and not live... and from what i can tell, the stations pick what they put on there. i tried looking for a twins game on there, couldnt find one, even the rays games that are brodcast down here on 620 am, which is on the iheartradio app, didnt come up, only thing that shows up is the jim rome show on 620 lol... sucks
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

WarBird87 wrote:i have iheartradio app on my phone and being down here in florida, i cant hear any of the games... the stations that play on that app are pre recorded and not live... and from what i can tell, the stations pick what they put on there. i tried looking for a twins game on there, couldnt find one, even the rays games that are brodcast down here on 620 am, which is on the iheartradio app, didnt come up, only thing that shows up is the jim rome show on 620 lol... sucks
Do you have Verizon? If so, try the NFL Mobile app.