Boston Celtics

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Boston Celtics

Post by Laserman »

Wow,

Celtics close out the Cavs in 6 games. Not many saw this coming. Everybody and his grandmother thought Lebron and kobie would be in the Finals. Not me. I see the Celtics taking the title. The Celtics may not have the best players, but they play as a team better than the Suns, lakers, Majic do. Doc Rivers is pretty good at devising Game plans too. The next series with the majic should be great to watch. Another Lakers Vrs Celtics Finals?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Boston Celtics

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I loved how the fans chanted "NEW YORK KNICKS" when LeBron was at the free throw line.

I am sure LeBron will stay in Cleveland, but boy, Chicago, NY, NJ, and some other teams will sure try hard to get him. Wouldn't it be nice to see him play in the Target Center every night??? 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am sure LeBron will stay in Cleveland, but boy, Chicago, NY, NJ, and some other teams will sure try hard to get him.
I'm not so sure. After the way they went out? Granted, a lot of it was Mike Brown's incompetence. Trashing his rotations for Game 5 was an absolutely ridiculous overreaction to Rondo's monster Game 4 (instead of sticking the course and taking Rondo's performance for the outlier it was). Problem with Cleveland is that they don't have much flexibility to get any more help, and it sure doesn't look like Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison are going to cut it.

So, the question is, what does he want? I'm agreeing with a lot of commentators here, but it's true. If he wants titles, Da Bulls are the way to go. Not even Miami with DWade staying can compare to Rose, Noah, Hinrich, and Deng as a starting 5. If he wants to take a chance at becoming the absolute king of the world, the Knicks are the way to go. They won't have anywhere near the talent the Bulls do, but if he won there? Wowsa.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

It's hard not to still pull for Garnett, even though he's burned some bridges with some of the stuff he's said since he left the Wolves. (Such as "you have to do what makes you happy instead of be loyal...I wish I had learned that years before I finally got out of that situation".) And after last season, I pretty much get it that the Celtics basically fleeced the Wolves, even though there wasn't any way they were going to put together a real winner under the salcap with Garnett's salary. The man made the Timberwolves respectable in so many ways. It's easy to remember the time before he was drafted that just saying Timberwolves made these Blazer fans here in Portland snicker.

I met Kevin when he was a rookie at a preseason exhibition game in Fargo at the old Thunderdome. I will never forget the experience. I was so in awe that I totally missed out on the chance to get his autograph, and I regret it so much to this day. Became a fan for life when I watched him take over the game several times.
-Rus
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

Laserman wrote:Wow,

Celtics close out the Cavs in 6 games. Not many saw this coming. Everybody and his grandmother thought Lebron and kobie would be in the Finals. Not me. I see the Celtics taking the title. The Celtics may not have the best players, but they play as a team better than the Suns, lakers, Majic do. Doc Rivers is pretty good at devising Game plans too. The next series with the majic should be great to watch. Another Lakers Vrs Celtics Finals?
I think the Celtics have way more talent than the Suns do. Garnett,Allen,Pierce, and Rondo looks better than Amare and Nash and Richardson(if he gets hot.)
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

The Celtics have absolutely dissected the Magic. Just ugly. I think they'll beat the Lakers.

The Lakers are kinda futzing and putzing and don't really seem to start playing until after halftime.

But the Celtics just step in and just give the Magic a Basketball 101 buttwhuppin' night in and night out.

They want no part of game 4. Its a "Do I hafffffffffffffta?!?!" game for them. They know Boston will just
school them totally and win by 25 points.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

How do you let a guy go 42/11 on you in the Finals?

Have you no desire to win?

Take your 10th man, give him a monkey wrench, point him at Amare Stoudemare, and tell him to make some
magic happen.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I hope the celtics sweep the Lakers

I have always disliked Kobe and think he is a punk. If the Lakers had
50 years of the worst sports team luck ever recorded. I would still not
feel sorry for them.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

You know, the Celtics are playing quite poorly, and the Magic are making 3s left and right.

But this has got to be one of the worst officiated games, of any sport, that I've ever seen. I put this up with the Kings/Lakers debacle and the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl.

Man, the NBA has a problem with officials. Its downright disgusting.

If I didn't know any better I'd say the fix was in for the refs to force a game 6 at all costs.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Hunter Morrow wrote:You know, the Celtics are playing quite poorly, and the Magic are making 3s left and right.

But this has got to be one of the worst officiated games, of any sport, that I've ever seen. I put this up with the Kings/Lakers debacle and the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl.

Man, the NBA has a problem with officials. Its downright disgusting.

If I didn't know any better I'd say the fix was in for the refs to force a game 6 at all costs.
The ref that got busted said both teams that were down would win these two games. He called the previous games too. *shrug* Fix is in.