Chris Kluwe's New Band ROCKS!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Chris Kluwe's New Band ROCKS!

Post by bigskyeric »

So, Mr. Nintendo started a band called Tripping Icarus. (probably named after 80's Nintendo game Kid Icarus) Here is a link from KQRS, you have to scroll down. I like Song 2 the best. Vote, the winner gets to open for Bon Jovi. Enjoy
http://92kqrs.com/Article.asp?id=1750616
Seek and Destroy
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Chris Kluwe's New Band ROCKS!

Post by Cliff »

I hate Metalica and bands that sound like Metalica.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Cliff wrote:I hate Metalica and bands that sound like Metalica.
Metallica Hates you, and rednecks that sound like you....jk :D
Seek and Destroy
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

they sound more like 'Clutch' or 'Dead Confederate'.......Not really anything like Metallica
Seek and Destroy
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

bigskyeric wrote:they sound more like 'Clutch' or 'Dead Confederate'.......Not really anything like Metallica
The VOICE-A sounds-A-lot like-A MetallicA

*Ugh!*
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

bigskyeric wrote: Metallica Hates you, and rednecks that sound like you....jk :D
Nah, not a red neck. I live in Kentucky, but don't get it confused ... I just enjoy good music. ^_^

(Not modern country OR Metalica)
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Cliff wrote: The VOICE-A sounds-A-lot like-A MetallicA

*Ugh!*
I grew up listening to Metallica, so I love James Hetfield's Voice, but I understand why some don't. Just like I HATE the 'rolling stones' because of that fairy Mick Jagger. Prancing around like tinkerbell. UGH!
Seek and Destroy
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Thanks for the link. Not bad at all, especially the first song. So they might win and open for a commercial cream puff like Bon Jovi? That's weird.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Cliff wrote: Nah, not a red neck. I live in Kentucky, but don't get it confused ... I just enjoy good music. ^_^

(Not modern country OR Metalica)
For the record, Metallica is one of the greatest bands talent wise of all time. (Even if you don't like Jame's voice) Kirk Hammett is top 10 guitarists of all time. (Don't even try to argue with that statement) Ya, I loathe new pop country! what the hell is that crap??? The old stuff is great.Especially around a campfire. I like BlueGrass now that I'm in my 30's. Super fun to see live. But Metallica allows me to ski like I want to still. (Like I'm still 21)
Seek and Destroy
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

bigskyeric wrote: I grew up listening to Metallica, so I love James Hetfield's Voice, but I understand why some don't. Just like I HATE the 'rolling stones' because of that fairy Mick Jagger. Prancing around like tinkerbell. UGH!
lmao ... I didn't realize when I posted it originally I'd be hitting a nerve! Sorry bout that.

You're free to enjoy your Metallica, sir ... it's just not for me.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

losperros wrote:Thanks for the link. Not bad at all, especially the first song. So they might win and open for a commercial cream puff like Bon Jovi? That's weird.
It is weird, Bon Jovi BLOWS!!! But whatever gets ya in the spotlight, I guess.
Seek and Destroy
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

bigskyeric wrote: For the record, Metallica is one of the greatest bands talent wise of all time. (Even if you don't like Jame's voice) Kirk Hammett is top 10 guitarists of all time. (Don't even try to argue with that statement) Ya, I loathe new pop country! what the hell is that crap??? The old stuff is great.Especially around a campfire. I like BlueGrass now that I'm in my 30's. Super fun to see live. But Metallica allows me to ski like I want to still. (Like I'm still 21)
Well, I won't get into a discussion where you and I will so obviously disagree. I have no intention of changing your mind about Metallica ... suffice to say I disagree with your assessment of them for sure.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Cliff wrote: Well, I won't get into a discussion where you and I will so obviously disagree. I have no intention of changing your mind about Metallica ... suffice to say I disagree with your assessment of them for sure.
There is a reason Cover bands can't play metallica. It is too hard. The riffs are too fast. The solos are to intriquite. To many Change ups. Songs are to long. They are in there mid 40's now, and still play faster/tighter then 95% of the bands out there. Not much to argue about. If you don't like Speed Metal, I understand, but don't question metallica's talent. you can question their music from the 90's when Bob 'Bon Jovi' Rock was their producer, and destroyed Metallica's style. Now they are under Rick Ruben, and once again, are destroying it.
Seek and Destroy
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Ya, Kirk Hammett sucks...HA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7N4P7ejddw
Seek and Destroy
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

bigskyeric wrote: There is a reason Cover bands can't play metallica. It is too hard. The riffs are too fast. The solos are to intriquite. To many Change ups. Songs are to long. They are in there mid 40's now, and still play faster/tighter then 95% of the bands out there. Not much to argue about. If you don't like Speed Metal, I understand, but don't question metallica's talent. you can question their music from the 90's when Bob 'Bon Jovi' Rock was their producer, and destroyed Metallica's style. Now they are under Rick Ruben, and once again, are destroying it.
Too hard ... hmmm.

So you're saying it's too hard for Josie and the Pussycats Girl?

Or Stoner Jesus Dude Who Still Lives With His Parents?

That kind of too hard?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.