OT: American Pickers and Poawn Staws

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Samkon35
All Pro Elite Player

OT: American Pickers and Poawn Staws

Post by Samkon35 »

Is it just me or can everyone else not get enough of these shows?
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Re: OT: American Pickers and Poawn Staws

Post by bigskyeric »

Samkon35 wrote:Is it just me or can everyone else not get enough of these shows?
OK, I'll bite. What is an American Picker or Poawn Staws??? I don't understand....
Seek and Destroy
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I like pawn stars. Lots of interesting stuff and everyone in the store is entertaining.

Pickers not so much. Rummaging through old barns for rusted signs and toys gets old pretty quick.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

S197 wrote:I like pawn stars. Lots of interesting stuff and everyone in the store is entertaining.

Pickers not so much. Rummaging through old barns for rusted signs and toys gets old pretty quick.
Ditto on Pawn Stars. A review I read somewhere summed it up well. Antiques Roadshow if it was run by the Teutels of American Chopper.

I've only seen the ads for Pickers during Pawn Stars and it didn't really interest me.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I agree with everyone else so far. Pawn Stars is a cool show, I don't make sure to be in front of it every night but if I'm channel surfing and it's on I watch it.

I've only seen one episode of "Pickers" and I wasn't impressed.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

I think Pawn Stars is very interesting and entertaining. I haven't seen pickers
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Samkon35
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Samkon35 »

yea its really cool. If the family fun element was not there it would just be another aprasing show, but their interaction is so funny and real. I like Pickers too just because these guys are pretty bad #### really. I mean they drive around all over the country and only eat if they can find old stuff, make the people like them, then resell it. I mean there not making millions on their best years like pawn stars prolly is. There just in it for the love. I know Pawn Stars has serious money if they can just buy a 20 grand boat lol and hold it till they can sell it for 30 grand.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Enjoy watching pawn stars but pickers was ok for the first three times I saw it, after that...eh.