Nathan has torn elbow ligament

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Nathan has torn elbow ligament

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring201 ... id=4978634
Nathan has a torn ulnar collateral ligament and will decide whether to have surgery within two weeks, the team said. The Minneapolis Star Tribune first reported the injury.

YIKES, that hurts... It sounds like Rausch or Guerrier could close. I would rather have Nathan at 100% than for him to try to pitch through it. He was not nearly the force with his bone chips than before he had the injury last season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Nathan has torn elbow ligament

Post by DeeEss57 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring201 ... id=4978634

YIKES, that hurts... It sounds like Rausch or Guerrier could close. I would rather have Nathan at 100% than for him to try to pitch through it. He was not nearly the force with his bone chips than before he had the injury last season.
This is really devastating for the Twins. I hope whoever they put in the closer role will be able to do the job.

Dawn
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Just when things were starting to look freakin' great for the Twins this year...this has to happen. ####!
It's not the end of the world, but still....

Neshek is another option to close. Hopefully he's fully recovered from his surgery.

On the bright side...if Nathan has to sit all year and we have to find a different closer...maybe the new guy won't be a choker in the playoffs! :wink:
tvikes555
Waterboy

Post by tvikes555 »

Yea its sounding like tommy john will be needed....Joe you will be sorely missed by all...Get well and hopefully you recover 100%...raush will fill the void for now.Hope to see Liriano get back to where he was a few years ago as well.By the way the greatest game ive ever seen on tv..twins vs tigers last year for the marbles in the central.