Tattoo question

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18498
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Tattoo question

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:00 am

Ok, I've been thinkging about getting another tattoo. I would like one that goes down my arm. I was trying to think of something to get and I was thinking about what I like now, and know I will always like... and I thought of the Vikings!! The thought I came up with was to get the word "Vikings" down my arm in the font they use in the End Zones. With the "V" starting at my shoulder and the rest of the word going down onto my forearm. Does that sound lame? Or cool? Everyone who I tell has a look like "W...T...F..." when I tll them, but I figure it is because they don't like the Vikings like I do or something.

What do you think?? Mike, since you are a tattoo expert, your opinion is very welcome :)
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 pm

super lame.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18498
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Tattoo question

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

TrenchGoon wrote:super lame.

Yeah, after thinking about it more it does sound more and more lame. I want a Vikings something, but I don't know what?
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Tattoo question

Post by Cliff » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 pm

If you're going Vikings then why not an actual Viking?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&s ... q=&start=0

Though, if I were you I'd have serious reservations about getting something that has to do with a football team. They could move and have their name changed, etc, etc.
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson/Mike Zimmer Led Defenses

User avatar
jackal
Strong Safety
Posts: 11582
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Location: California

Re: Tattoo question

Post by jackal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 pm

how about a staircase with Norse Gods and a Vikings emblem
underneath maybe on your shoulder chest or back ...
0 x
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18498
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Tattoo question

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 pm

jackal wrote:how about a staircase with Norse Gods and a Vikings emblem
underneath maybe on your shoulder chest or back ...
Intriguing... but also sounds a little pricey... Do you have a sample of what it would look like?
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 pm

how about a childress mustache tattoo on your upper lip? if you ever got sick of it you could grow your own mustache to cover it up.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18498
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Tattoo question

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

TrenchGoon wrote:how about a childress mustache tattoo on your upper lip? if you ever got sick of it you could grow your own mustache to cover it up.

ROFL...
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
jackal
Strong Safety
Posts: 11582
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Location: California

Re: Tattoo question

Post by jackal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:35 am

oh I am sure it would be very expensive to the norse god staircase
tatoo. If I was going to get tatoo that is the type I would get not
some lame one like barbwire half a million other guys have.

A tattoo like this needs to be done by a specialist in detail my guess
is over a thousand dollars would be bargin basement price.

that is why I will probably never get one I am too cheap to lay out several
grand for a really cool tatoo.
0 x
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

User avatar
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:55 am

I wonder if tattoos will be looked back on the same way as bellbottoms one day. I mean, every dorky guy is walking around with tattoo sleaves trying to look tough and its really just pathetic. one day, their kids will look at their arms and laugh and be like, dad, you aren't a tough guy, WTF? I think they'll look at their parents like the tattoo generation look at pictures of their parents in bellbottoms and platform shoes looking like saturday night fever. Its just a fad. It's what's "cool" and "tough" and frankly its just hilarious. I don't know why people get so swept up in what's "cool".
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18498
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: Tattoo question

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:18 pm

TrenchGoon wrote:I wonder if tattoos will be looked back on the same way as bellbottoms one day. I mean, every dorky guy is walking around with tattoo sleaves trying to look tough and its really just pathetic. one day, their kids will look at their arms and laugh and be like, dad, you aren't a tough guy, WTF? I think they'll look at their parents like the tattoo generation look at pictures of their parents in bellbottoms and platform shoes looking like saturday night fever. Its just a fad. It's what's "cool" and "tough" and frankly its just hilarious. I don't know why people get so swept up in what's "cool".

Believe me, I'm one of rhe biggest wimps in the world. But I like how "sleeved" tattoos look. If I wanted to look tough, I would work out and lift weights..
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

Demi
Commissioner
Posts: 23761
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm

Re: Tattoo question

Post by Demi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

TrenchGoon wrote:I wonder if tattoos will be looked back on the same way as bellbottoms one day. I mean, every dorky guy is walking around with tattoo sleaves trying to look tough and its really just pathetic. one day, their kids will look at their arms and laugh and be like, dad, you aren't a tough guy, WTF? I think they'll look at their parents like the tattoo generation look at pictures of their parents in bellbottoms and platform shoes looking like saturday night fever. Its just a fad. It's what's "cool" and "tough" and frankly its just hilarious. I don't know why people get so swept up in what's "cool".
Yes, something that's lasted thousands of years will be looked back at the same as a fad pair of jeans that lasted less than a decade. :roll:

If you think people get tattoos to look "tough", or because it's "cool" I think the "pathetic" one may not be those with the tattoos....
0 x

User avatar
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Demi wrote: Yes, something that's lasted thousands of years will be looked back at the same as a fad pair of jeans that lasted less than a decade. :roll:

If you think people get tattoos to look "tough", or because it's "cool" I think the "pathetic" one may not be those with the tattoos....
it's a bit dishonest to just say, "its lasted thousands of years" as though nothing has changed during that span, or that they have been ubiquitous in all cultures. obviously, there has been a TREND to more people getting more tattoos within our society within the last generation and that is what I'm commenting upon (And thus the comparison to another generational trend). So the strawman argument can be done away with, thank you.

Why do you think that this has happened if you reject my theory that it is primarily the result of people wanting to look "cool" and "tough" and following a current trend?
0 x

User avatar
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:35 am

Re: Tattoo question

Post by TrenchGoon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:17 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Believe me, I'm one of rhe biggest wimps in the world. But I like how "sleeved" tattoos look. If I wanted to look tough, I would work out and lift weights..
You are free to do whatever you choose my friend. I just wonder when I look around and see so many young guys with tattoos all over the place whether one day, as fads, trends, and the aesthetic changes, people will look back and think they they look incredibly silly.
0 x

Demi
Commissioner
Posts: 23761
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm

Re: Tattoo question

Post by Demi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:27 pm

TrenchGoon wrote: You are free to do whatever you choose my friend. I just wonder when I look around and see so many young guys with tattoos all over the place whether one day, as fads, trends, and the aesthetic changes, people will look back and think they they look incredibly silly.
I have no tattoos. I just find it odd why someone would go out of their way to judge someone elses decision. I've seen plenty of people with tattoos and I never think "gee, they're pathetic!". I can only assume it's a self-esteem thing because I'm not sure what else it could be.
0 x

Post Reply