Viking Snowman in South Carolina

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Viking Snowman in South Carolina

Post by Barry »

I don't live in a Land of Ice and Snow, but Charleston got a visitor from there this weekend.
Nearly 5 inches in my area (3rd largest one day snowfall!) so my daughter and I made us a snowman and dressed him appropriately.

We had people throughout the day posing for pictures with him. :govikes:

Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
USMNT & Die Nationalmannschaft
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Viking Snowman in South Carolina

Post by PurpleMustReign »

That's great!!
If that is your daughter, she is really pretty. I guess, even if it isn't your daughter she is really pretty, but you know what I mean...

I can't believe 5 inches is the third greatest one day snowfall. Was the greatest one from the storm in 1993 (I think that was the year, the one when FL got snow and everything)/.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

PurpleMustReign wrote:That's great!!
If that is your daughter, she is really pretty. I guess, even if it isn't your daughter she is really pretty, but you know what I mean...

I can't believe 5 inches is the third greatest one day snowfall. Was the greatest one from the storm in 1993 (I think that was the year, the one when FL got snow and everything)/.
Thank you, I very much agree. Thank goodness mom has strong jeans.

Per the paper the record snowfalls in Charleston, prior to this one, were:
6.0" 12-23-89 This was our White Christmas after Hurricane Hugo.
5.4" 2-10-73 My 9th birthday was the next day and waking up that snow is one of my greatest childhood memories.
3.7" 12-27-80 I was in high school

Yes, it is so rare we remember it. I can actually remember the first time I ever saw it snowing. '93 may have been the time it snowed from Savannah south and missed us.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
Allenfreak69
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Allenfreak69 »

That is awesome!!!
:govikes:

Our Day Will Come
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Barry wrote:I don't live in a Land of Ice and Snow, but Charleston got a visitor from there this weekend.
Nearly 5 inches in my area (3rd largest one day snowfall!) so my daughter and I made us a snowman and dressed him appropriately.

We had people throughout the day posing for pictures with him. :govikes:
Being a D.C. boy, I used to think 5 inches of snowfall was a decent amount. Then this winter came. And now, even 12 inches doesn't sound like much.

I'm not surprised you guys are (relatively speaking) getting hammered as well. What an insane winter this has been on the eastern seaboard.
Barry
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Barry »

Bump.
It's four years later and they are calling for possibly 1-2 inches Tuesday/Wednesday with maybe sleet and/or ice.
I guarantee you there will be "emergency" meetings at work on Monday to discuss who will have to come in and make other plans.
Pandemonium is approaching, I can feel it in the air!

You may now laugh at us.
Fan of:
Hanahan Hawks
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Vikings
Charleston Battery
FC Bayern München
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Nah, no laughing here. I cannot handle the humidity and high heat of the South, so we all have our comfort levels. And I hate ice. Hate. It.

For the record, where I am at, it is currently -5 degrees with a 10 mph wind, making it "feel" like -22. And we have snow drifts almost up to our shoulders. And we have it good, compared to out on the plains! :rock:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Gonna be -23 here tonight.

I am so sick of this winter.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

BGM wrote:Nah, no laughing here. I cannot handle the humidity and high heat of the South, so we all have our comfort levels. And I hate ice. Hate. It.
This.

Also, that picture is funny. It looks like it took 90% of the snow from your yard to make that one little snowman.

As others have suggested, this winter has been brutal. I think we'll gladly share the snow! I prefer the cold over the heat, but this winter is just getting ridiculous now!