Vikings cause me injury (LOL)/extreme snow

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings cause me injury (LOL)/extreme snow

Post by Vikefantam »

Last Sunday, I didn't feel much of a need to watch the Super Bowl. Had the Vikes been there, I would have been glued to the TV, but since they lost......

I made my fourth trip out last Sunday to shovel the 22-24 inches of snow we got (I had started shoveling at 5:30 a.m. to help get my husband out of the driveway for work - he was plowing the street with the front end of his car since the snow plow hadn't been by), all the while with more snow coming down on top of me while I was shoveling. I was numb all over and soaked from head to foot. Here are a couple interesting pics. Let me know if you have problems with them:

Now, find my car: (LOL)

http://tinyurl.com/ygvc324

http://tinyurl.com/ydnk9cn

The next day (this was during my 75 hour insomnia bout - the record is 11 days, BTW, and I hope to never reach that) I hurt from head to foot but I just figured I was so tired (I had been up 71 hours at this point) that everything was just magnified. I saw the doc who gave me something to help me sleep.

The previously day, after 5 hours of shoveling and using a lead pipe to break up the ice around my car (I needed imy car the next day), I hurt all over and noticed that every day, something less hurt, except for my neck.

By the end of the week, my right thumb was numb and my entire right arm was in agony. I ended up in the ER where the doc says I've probably got a pinched nerve in my neck and need an MRI. Sigh. If the emotional trauma of being a Vikes fan isn't bad enough, I end up injuried physically. They're going to have to highly medicate me to get me into that MRI machine. I'm really claustrophobic. I can meditate for root canals but not when my head is held down by some basket and stuck in a machine. Argh.

I assume you guys are used to this kind of snow? I haven't seen anything like it since we set a snow record in CT with something like 115 inches in 1995-1996. DH's car was parked in our very short driveway and mine was on the quiet street. It was so icy out, I had to crawl on my hands and knees to my car in the morning for work because the yard sloped downhill all the way.

You guys can have your weather. I'll take a tad less snow (we've gotten a fair amount more since the 24 inches but I'm no longer allowed to shovel).

Oh, and at least I had a little fun. I made a snow angel for the first time in over 30 years. I was sweating so bad from shoveling that I just lay there for awhile. It just felt good. :mrgreen:
Tammy
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings cause me injury (LOL)/extreme snow

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Man, That's alot of snow!!

I don't think my car has ever been that buried, but there have been times where it was hard to get to it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018