My possible new neighbor

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefan68
Transition Player

My possible new neighbor

Post by Vikefan68 »

is it anyone here? (East Hartford, CT) All I can say is that it made me really excited and I hope our offer is accepted lol

you may not be able to tell from the pics but the shutters and front door were purple.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/ ... MG1237.jpg
glg
Site Admin

Re: My possible new neighbor

Post by glg »

Wow. If you get a house down the street from this guy, go make friends! :D
Vikefan68
Transition Player

Post by Vikefan68 »

so the offer was accepted and barring a failed home inspection or something odd I now have a fellow Viking fan as a neighbor! :govikes:
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Vikefan68 wrote:is it anyone here? (East Hartford, CT) All I can say is that it made me really excited and I hope our offer is accepted lol

you may not be able to tell from the pics but the shutters and front door were purple.

That's great. We might not have any other Vikes fans in this part of Bethesda, MD, but at least the Redskin fans are all in hiding, so I'm happy enough.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

DanAS wrote:That's great. We might not have any other Vikes fans in this part of Bethesda, MD, but at least the Redskin fans are all in hiding, so I'm happy enough.
Really? I'd have thought they'd have declared themselves Super Bowl champs already by virtue of Shanahan.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Vikefan68 wrote:is it anyone here? (East Hartford, CT) All I can say is that it made me really excited and I hope our offer is accepted lol

You'll have to invite him/her/them to the Board.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

That is awesome! On our street, in the past 18 months, out of the first six houses on our side, 4 of them went vacant - one due to reverse mortgage of elderly couple who died and house went into foreclosure, the was 2nd occupied, the third (my new new door neighbor - the old one went into assisted living) was just sold but it's snowed so darned much and I've heard her dog attacks other dogs, so I've been hesitant to go meet her but will do so this summer. The fourth house is ours. The house on the other side of me is still for sale. Her husband died and she is asking an unreasonable amount of money for it. It's not going to sell at that price in this market. The sixth house finally sold but no Vikings flags.

You are so lucky, esp. since they made it a priority to get that flag hung! I had one in CT but the dang thing was so beat up when we moved, I had to trash it. BTW, we lived on the other side of CT - in Norwich, near the sub base. And by all means, go make friends!!!!
Tammy
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

glg wrote: Really? I'd have thought they'd have declared themselves Super Bowl champs already by virtue of Shanahan.
Prior to the Zorn hiring, every couple of years, Snyder would bring in a new big named coach, and there would be a lot of hoopla, only to have the same mediocre-poor results. At this point, the town is shell shocked. They want to see results -- and not just the kind of mirage-results that Zorn brought in early in his tenure, only to see them fizzle out as the season went on.

That said, nobody is complaining about the Shanahan hire like they complained after the Zorn hire.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

DanAS wrote: That's great. We might not have any other Vikes fans in this part of Bethesda, MD, but at least the Redskin fans are all in hiding, so I'm happy enough.

wheres the raven fans?