When I said I liked Minnesota...

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

When I said I liked Minnesota...

Post by Vikefantam »

I meant I liked the Vikings, not your weather. 22 inches was dumped on us Saturday night. I hadn't slept all night for 2 nights and at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, I went out and helped my husband shovel his way out of the driveway. (I missed the SB because I had to go back to shovel after taking a long break and doing other things and I needed my car the next morning). I had to dig thru 4 inches of ice underneath the snow, sometimes beating at the ice with a lead pipe. I can't name a part of my body that still doesn't hurt. You know it's bad when your car is missing the next morning after a snowstorm because it's completely covered with snow. :lol:

We got about 3-5 more yesterday and are supposed to get 1-3 more today. Sigh.

Do me a favor? Keep your winter weather in Minnesota! LOL. :D I'll keep my love for the Vikings here. This is starting to remind me of the 1995-1996 winter in CT when we set a record of something like 113.5 inches of snow.
Tammy
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Re: When I said I liked Minnesota...

Post by Vikefantam »

http://s551.photobucket.com/albums/ii45 ... /Blizzard/

This is what it looked like after the blizzard. Hope I did this right.
Tammy
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Vikefantammy wrote:I meant I liked the Vikings, not your weather. 22 inches was dumped on us Saturday night. I hadn't slept all night for 2 nights and at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, I went out and helped my husband shovel his way out of the driveway. (I missed the SB because I had to go back to shovel after taking a long break and doing other things and I needed my car the next morning). I had to dig thru 4 inches of ice underneath the snow, sometimes beating at the ice with a lead pipe. I can't name a part of my body that still doesn't hurt. You know it's bad when your car is missing the next morning after a snowstorm because it's completely covered with snow. :lol:

We got about 3-5 more yesterday and are supposed to get 1-3 more today. Sigh.

Do me a favor? Keep your winter weather in Minnesota! LOL. :D I'll keep my love for the Vikings here. This is starting to remind me of the 1995-1996 winter in CT when we set a record of something like 113.5 inches of snow.

Sorry! But you can blame all the snow out east on my cousin Julie. She moved from Minneapolis to the DC area last July. So it's all her fault!

Dawn
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

Post by The Bonecrusher »

its even cold in FL...... when your used to 90 deg+100% humidity(never seen snow) a high of 60 is freezing
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Vikefantammy wrote:http://s551.photobucket.com/albums/ii45 ... /Blizzard/

This is what it looked like after the blizzard. Hope I did this right.
Dude(ette) Where's your car? :lol:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Just Me wrote: Dude(ette) Where's your car? :lol:
After hours and hours of shoveling, I found it. I haven't seen snow this bad since we lived in CT in 1995-1996 and got hammered, setting a new record of something like 115.3 inches. Anyone here who lived in CT during that time?
Tammy
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i lived in minnesota for 20 years. lightning storms, rain, tornandoes, snow, sub zero temperatures, 70 mph winds. everything.
now i live in SoCal and worry about earthquakes, fog, and 105-110 degree summers. :wallbang: