So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by Vikefantam »

I first joined alt.sports.fooball-mn Vikings, then came here after Mike started it. I have met so many good people here and some not so good people I have immensely enjoyed my time with my friends here.

We were all so worked up by the NO gzme, I thought I'd bring up Doc's " parody of a song. After I mentioned the title of in a post and I'm sure a lot f you are familiar with it. The play I am referring to was written ALW and Tim Rice and 3 words in the Title.

1-2 days later, I see several pound signs thru the first 2 words So I'm being edited for giving the name of a Broadway play/Movie? I
I suppose it makes sense because our gov't is doing it's best to oust G" for years. This is a christian web, or at least it was when Mike was running it. I'm sorry, but I feel tht was either a knee jerk reaction or if it's yet another step to get the "G" man out.

It states this is a christian forum. I didn't even think it would be an issue just to name a song. It's not like I was pushing religion, standing, praising G or whatever. There was no vugarity. I am honestly confused and very upset. Religion and politics do not belong in these types of forums. I agree with that. But Doc's song was so funny that I wanted to try and cheer you up.

I want to thank all of you for being such bright spots in my

Minniman
Motherman
Craig (both Craigs
Leafman
Ann E.
Dawn
Ken in N
Sofla Vike

I've really been impressed by our new fans who have joined the group.

I am and will forever be a Vikings fan

As part of the Lyrics to PF the Wall, "Goodbye cruel word, I'm leaving you today. Goodbye Goodby, Goodbye. Good by all you people. There's nothing you can say to make me change my mind.

Well, time to catch some O'Reily.
Tammy
glg
Site Admin

Re: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Post by glg »

Vikefantam wrote:1-2 days later, I see several pound signs thru the first 2 words So I'm being edited for giving the name of a Broadway play/Movie?
Can you send me a link to the post in question? There isn't any censoring on God, just the curse that's a letter off goddarn.

EDIT: Aha! It's not God that's censored, it's the J-man. I can't say for sure when that was added, but you're right that it probably doesn't belong there. I'm removing it, and your post should be back to normal now.

As a test, Jesus Christ Superstar!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Are you really leaving Tammy?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

It was apparently just the board settings doing it.

However, does it really state this is a Christian website? Just curious ... as I'm not a Christian.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Cliff wrote:It was apparently just the board settings doing it.

However, does it really state this is a Christian website? Just curious ... as I'm not a Christian.
Mike's site does.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

So did Tammy leave or not?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:So did Tammy leave or not?

Geez, I hope not. It's nice to have another of the female persuasion here.

Dawn
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

glg wrote: Mike's site does.
It seems weird to make that distinction on a football website : P
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Wha?! This is serious?

Jesus H Christ, get some thick skin.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Tammy, in case you didn't get the email I sent you, that change was automatically made by the board software. John and I set it up that way years ago, so nobody actually edited your post. Hope you reconsider.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Kansas Viking wrote:Tammy, in case you didn't get the email I sent you, that change was automatically made by the board software. John and I set it up that way years ago, so nobody actually edited your post. Hope you reconsider.

Wow, Mike, nice to see you again!!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

HornedMessiah wrote:Wha?! This is serious?

J**** H C****, get some thick skin.
Cut her some slack - She's not had a good year, and I see you're taking advantage of the lifted filter already :(
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Wow, Mike, nice to see you again!!
Hi Josh. I'm here quite a bit, just haven't posted much.
Mike

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Well, guys, I got an extremely nice E-mail from Mike and that's why I decided to come back. As someone mentioned, I've been through a rough year and won't bore you with details but I've been sick almost nonstop, broke my foot and lost my pug, all within less than ayear. I'm not sure about my marriage either. And as much as I didn't want to admit it, that dang loss against the Saints hurt.

I'm sure I was being too thin skinned - I didn't know it was an auto delete kind of thing and thought someone was angry that I had posted the J C words, and am just sensitive to that kind of thing.

I've had terrible insomonia and just set a personal best at up for 75 straight hours. I hope to never go thru that again.

When Mike said people here cared for me, well, I found that hard to believe. I figured you might be glad I was gone and if I came back, would find a bunch of "good riddance" posts but I found something different.

I want to thank you guys for caring. Let's hope for a good draft and offseason and I truly hope Favre gives us just "one more year".

Take care, all, and thanks for your kind posts.
Tammy
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Welcome back, Tammy!!

Dawn