The Jersey Shore

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Samkon35
All Pro Elite Player

The Jersey Shore

Post by Samkon35 »

has anyone else seen this? Haha its pretty entertaining in a disturbing way.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: The Jersey Shore

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I hate it. Especially getting called a guido or being in any way associated with them. Bunch of steroided up bacne havin' cro mags.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

This show is just more evidence of the complete and total degeneration of entertainment in America. Hell, you could even take it further and say it's a symptom of even deeper problems within our culture (but really, what is our culture aside from entertainment and shopping?)

The whole "trainwreck" appeal of these types of reality shows is such a weak justification for liking something like this. It used to be that people became famous because they were talented at something that most people were not, and thus people admired their ability. Now it's been completely flipped: no-talent morons are glorified and intelligent, talented people are scorned.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I thought it was too ethnic and regional to succeed on television but these Guidos are everywhere and spreading by the day like some faggoty plague.

Hmm, and just what in the hell do Guidos have to do with music? The music they like is dance club techno garbage.

They used to have shows that weren't just solid blocks of music, but they generally had some ties to music. Yo! MTV Raps, Headbanger's Ball, etc. For more conventional shows they had things like Sifl and Olly and Beavis and Butthead. They would be their own programs, but they would be pretty involved with showing music and talking about it, and would even show several videos during the course of a show. Granted it was usually to savagely mock them, but it was still music related.

Guidos have nothing to do with music and everything to do with say, EPIC FAIL.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Well that's nothing new for MTV. It's been this way for 10+ years already. What in the hell does The Real World have to do with music?

When I look for the start of it all, I think you can pinpoint it to the whole Total Request Live thing. Once that show became a hit, MTV seemingly eliminated all their other legitimate music related content and confined it all into that stupid show, and then started developing all this "youth-lifestyle" content.

VH1 is just as guilty (in fact I think they're owned by MTV). I remember when they used to have great series like Behind the Music and Legends. Now it's Flava of Love and some show where Tila Tequila pretends to be a lesbian and has a bunch of mentally ill women fight over her. It's sad, but what's even more pathetic is that people WATCH IT.

My bosom swells with love for my fellow man.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

To be honest, Total Request Live was rigged just like all the disc jockey request lines.

Wow, what a coincidence! All the requests are for the songs that media executives paid the radio station to play in heavy rotation!

There is a pretty good request line in Wisconsin though at 9 o clock that will take legit requests and play them.

I managed to get some pretty good songs on the air, like Rigor Mortis/City in Fear and Sacred Reich/Power of the Written Word and D.R.I./Do the Dream I believe in about a week's time. Try calling up your local ClearChannel station and try requesting a 20 year old crossover song, off an album, or heaven forbid, a vinyl record that went out of print just about as soon as it was issued. HAH!

Guido women, excuse me, "guidettes", would be good looking, at least to me, if they didn't screw it up with all the hair care products and fake tans. But then they'd just be Italian women with poor fashion sense and taste in music. Whatever.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

this show is just a bunch of not so bright kids being seduced by fame and exploited by MTV

reality TV is a cancer ... they get unstable people (i.e. people who will doing anything for
fame) The air their worst moments living with other people of the same type. Each year
these people know if they don't one-up the previous years cast or rival shows antics
the will find someone who will. its a lot like MTV and other networks are pimps and the people
on the show are run aways.

basically you have weath in America you break the rules and live how you wan't and nobody will
really care until you are so far off the grid you get disposed and forgotten..

unless you die tragically and then everyone loves you again
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
MN Gods Country
Practice Squad

Post by MN Gods Country »

I had accidentally left the TV on and woke up to this one day. It had strong similarities to the cat vomit that just made its presence known once I turned over.
This is Gods country, "Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average”