Buahaha! I win again!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Buahaha! I win again!

Post by DeeEss57 »

Two years in a row! Gotta love it! Even though there weren't as many playing this year, the competition in the non-spread pool was intense. Good job, everybody!

:banana: :rock: :elephant:

Dawn
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Buahaha! I win again!

Post by Bill Carson »

Great job Dawn!

I always fall behind early and then I have to start picking crazy upsets trying to catch up, and it leads to a vicious spiral of doom!

SKOL!
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Bill Carson wrote:Great job Dawn!

I always fall behind early and then I have to start picking crazy upsets trying to catch up, and it leads to a vicious spiral of doom!

SKOL!

You'll figure it out, Bill. Then you'll give us a run for our money!

BTW, I've been doing this since the late 60s, when my dad and I would have a friendly competition. Even though my dad quit eventually, I kept on doing it as a way to amuse myself.

I also pick college games on another web site to see how I do against people who follow college football a little more than I do. I'm horrible at picking college games, but it's a way to amuse myself while I watch the games on Saturdays. (Note to self: stop picking the Gophers!) This year, I got a score of 197, 26 points less than the season winner. I did a little better in the pro category with 10 points less than the season winner. But the competition is really fierce there, and if anyone wants to really challenge themselves, they should check it out next year. If anyone wants to know the addy of the site, just send me a message. We can always start our own pool there if we want to keep the competition a little smaller (because thousands of people play there).

Dawn
PS I lost the other NFL pool I play in, finishing 2nd by a point.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

LOL that reminds me of a quote by a friend of mine who is big college basketball fan.

Every year when the big tourney brackets come out, he says "The best way to win the bracket picks is to know the least amount possible about college basketball!"