Happy New Year!!!! And some NY thoughts.

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Happy New Year!!!! And some NY thoughts.

Post by Vikefantam »

How's everyone feeling this morning? Hopefully, not too bad. I just hope everyone is safe.

This is one benefit of being a recovering alcoholic. I wake up every NY Day feeling great. :D

I heard that oxygen is wonderful for hangovers, so if you have a relative who is on oxygen, head over there and see if you can borrow their nasal cannula for a few minutes. LOL.

I'm working today but it's not too busy. Few gunshots out of Chicago, overdoses, stabbings. Guy found on road drunk. Ya know - typical NY Day stuff.

It's snowy and cold here. Ohio State game is on at 5:00 our time. Maybe Duron Carter will get some playing time but he's pretty low on the totem pole. He's only a freshman. I'd love to see him catch a couple of passes. I've seen him on Youtube and he looks like he may have inherited his father's soft hands. If he does make it to the NFL and goes to another team, I may have to root for a second team. He seems like a good kid.

I hope 2010 is a good year, though I fear it will be a year of turmoil with the elections. I hope we can racially come together. I mean, good Lord, who cares what color your skin is? We are all the same as human beings. Heck, I'd love a little more pigment in my skin. I'm cursed by German and Irish blood and wouldn't tan if you left me to bake in the sun for 3 months! I'd have to be rushed to the ER with 3rd degree burns. I hope the economy improves and unemployment goes down. I hope our government eases the tax burdens on our businesses so maybe they will keep the jobs at home. Let's hope our men and women in the service make it home safely and let's thank them for keeping us safe. And may God bless America and keep us safe.

As for me, 2009 was a nightmare. I'm a relatively healthy person who spent most of the year sick. As soon as I got well, I broke my foot, and 5 months later, it's still not healed. I'm still going thru physical therapy. I never thought I'd have to learn to walk in shoes twice in my life. After 4 months in a cam boot, which made walking uneven, I had to learn to walk in 2 shoes that were even again. That was weird.

I had to put my rescue pug down. I still can't talk much about it. RIP, Toby. See you at the Rainbow Bridge. I always thought when one of my trio died, I'd run right out and get another but I didn't. It just didn't seem right, as if it would somehow desecrate Toby's memory. I buried him in the shade, after holding his cold body against mine for a long time, stroking him, and telling him how much I loved him and that I'd see him at the Rainbow Bridge. Godspeed, Buddy.

I missed all of summer. I spent all of it either on the couch, at my computer working (had to work, no choice there) or at the doctor's office or ER. Summer is my favorite season. I didn't get any work done outdoors. My poor flower bed is a disaster. Even though I didn't plant anything, some flowers still came up. I was surprised. Unfortunately, so did some weeds. LOL. I was so sick that I was septic and couldn't do very much. I was on 10 different antibiotics this year. As stated, when I got better, I broke the foot. Next summer, I will have double the pleasure planting my purple, gold and white supertunias in my flower bed, doing the pruning and weeding, etc. I think I'll just spend some quiet time sitting out there, feeling the warm breeze and watching cars go by. I'm hoping my ankle is stable by then because I still walk like a drunk at times due to the muscle atrophy. My neighbors must be amused. :lol:

I plan on making more out of life this year, getting involved in more things. I hope we see a Viking go into the HOF this year. If not, there's always the fun of going there and meeting up with the group that protests the Vikings who deserve to be in there like Jim Marshall. So far, we've been able to cross Eller and Yary off the banner. I'm gonna have a blast when Favre goes in. You KNOW Packer fans are going to hate seeing purple #4 jerseys there. I have a feeling there will be a little bitter rivalry there. I'll be present, with a purple #4 jersey, even though he'll go in as a Packer. Hey, who doesn't like irritating Packer fans? :wink: Oh well. Sorry about your luck, Packer fans.

Let's hope for a successful 2010 for the Vikings, the Vikings fans, and the United States of America.

I'll close with a meditation:

In the new year, I will live one day at a time. I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness and bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, my disappointments in others and myself, my gloom and my despondency. I will leave all these things buried and go forward, in this new year, into a new life.

God bless you all, and take care! Have a blessed 2010.
Tammy