snow report

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

snow report

Post by OJVIKE »

well here in motrose (just south of buffalo mn) we have gotten 2 feet the last couple days.how much have you got and were are you at?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: snow report

Post by PurpleMustReign »

OJVIKE wrote:well here in motrose (just south of buffalo mn) we have gotten 2 feet the last couple days.how much have you got and were are you at?

I'm in Maple Grove, which isn't far from you, in the West Metro, and we got close to that too. And it is like the wettest snow ever. It was a b*tch to clear the driveway.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

OJVIKE wrote:well here in motrose (just south of buffalo mn) we have gotten 2 feet the last couple days.how much have you got and were are you at?

Duluth, Minnesota. We got 24" of snow between Thursday and Sunday. The first bit was just nice light stuff. Then it got wet and heavy, then it rained on top of it, then it snowed some more. Side roads have a layer of 3 to 4 inch ice under the snow. Driving is still a b*tch.

Dawn
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

Post by The Bonecrusher »

i've never seen snow....
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Today, January 8, here in Northeastern Ohio, it's 11 degrees right now, which is probably considered warm by Minnesota standards. :wink: We got 3-4 inches of snow last night with an additional 4-6 expected today. We've been getting hit with the snow pretty bad so far this year. I'm glad we'll be at home if we end up playing Philly. They're about 8 hours to the east of us and I can imagine it would be an ugly, bitter cold, snowy game the way this winter is going so far.

Boy, wouldn't I love to be going to Miami for the Super Bowl.
Tammy
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

We got about 10 inches over Wednesday and Thursday - Temps in the single digits. Worse, the wind really kicked up Thrursday night and put 4 foot drifts in my driveway in places. In most places was about 2 feet deep. (MY driveway is 1/4 mile long). It was so deep the 4WD wouldn't even be able to make a go without getting stuck. Even worse my Kubota (compact utility tractor I bought just to plow the driveway went on the fritz) After 2 hours fixing the kill switch on the seat and another 2 hours using my front end loader like a "super snow shovel" I got a path cleared. I lived in Wisconsin as a kid, so I definitely have seen more snow than this, but this is the most I've seen in Illinois for a while...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Here in Fargo we got about 17 inches during that same storm. Funny how it was a very mild winter up until then, and sure enough right when everyone wants to hit the road for Xmas the #### blizzard hits.