Just got out of jail

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Just got out of jail

Post by Krulik »

Don't ever go there. I had a week stint in good ol Johnson County jail in Iowa City. Longest week of my life. Never, ever, ever, go to jail.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Just got out of jail

Post by dead_poet »

Krulik wrote:Don't ever go there. I had a week stint in good ol Johnson County jail in Iowa City. Longest week of my life. Never, ever, ever, go to jail.
Kids, this is just good advice.

What'd they nail you for (if you want to share)?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Kids, this is just good advice.

Jail is what straightened out my friend (or at least made him a bit straighter). He hated it and has since stopped driving over 100 mph on county roads without a suspended license. Yes, that is really what my friend got caught for, three times... :wallbang:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Yeah, I always wondered what I'd do with my time if I was in jail...

Good thing it was only a week and not like 25 years...what happened if you don't mind me asking?
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

dead_poet wrote: Kids, this is just good advice.

You all saw his photos; it was for pimping to be sure.

:wink:
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

Minniman wrote: You all saw his photos; it was for pimping to be sure.

:wink:
You know it's hard out here for a pimp :mrgreen:

Well, I got popped with a contempt of court charge for violating a no contact order with my ex girlfriend. Long story short, me and her got into an argument which ended with me taking her keys away from her before she could drive a 45 minute trip home while she was blacked out drunk. She made a scene and the cops got called, and I got charged with disorderly conduct and assault. (She told the cops I harassed her when I took her keys... I know, I know. Dames)

Anyways, she woke up the next day and didnt remember any of it. But all of that got dropped anyways, because she took it all back and admitted it was a drunken mistake. So thats not why I had to go to jail.

I had to go to JAIL, because a couple weeks later, me and her were at her apartment with some friends when the cops got called for a noise complaint. The cops came and ran all of our IDs, found out that there was still a pending no contact order that hadn't went through the system as dropped yet between me and her. Automatic 7 days in jail. Contempt of court.

When there wasn't even a crime in the first place...

It makes the jail sentence so much worse, when the reason is complete B.S. :wallbang:
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

I did however get to watch the Vikings handle the Lions!!!

I also got to watch the Hawks go to Buckeye country. Kinda wish I didn't. Very low moral in iowa city jail, after a hawkeye loss. I mean, youre already in jail and then that happens.

I had my ticket stamped to the Rose Bowl if they won :wallbang:

Here's to the SUPER BOWL DREAMS!!! :beerchug:
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Krulik wrote: You know it's hard out here for a pimp :mrgreen:

Well, I got popped with a contempt of court charge for violating a no contact order with my ex girlfriend. Long story short, me and her got into an argument which ended with me taking her keys away from her before she could drive a 45 minute trip home while she was blacked out drunk. She made a scene and the cops got called, and I got charged with disorderly conduct and assault. (She told the cops I harassed her when I took her keys... I know, I know. Dames)

Anyways, she woke up the next day and didnt remember any of it. But all of that got dropped anyways, because she took it all back and admitted it was a drunken mistake. So thats not why I had to go to jail.

I had to go to JAIL, because a couple weeks later, me and her were at her apartment with some friends when the cops got called for a noise complaint. The cops came and ran all of our IDs, found out that there was still a pending no contact order that hadn't went through the system as dropped yet between me and her. Automatic 7 days in jail. Contempt of court.

It makes the jail sentence so much worse, when the reason is complete B.S. :wallbang:
Ouch, couldn't you appeal?
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

Didn't have a chance. Contempt of court is next to impossible to get out of.

On a side note... I don't think I've ever had a better meal the morning I got out. McDonalds breakfast!!! Nom. I'm sure the herb influence I hit when I got out might have had something to do with it. :ganja:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Krulik wrote:was a drunken mistake. So thats not why I had to go to jail.

Wow. That's bullcrap. Too bad you're not an NFL player. You wouldn't have served a minute behind bars.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I have a friend that took decades and several DUI's too learn not to drive drunk.

He said Jail is so Boring its like Hell just from the bordem alone
and the food sucks really really bad.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

Not only does it suck, but they only give you oompa loompa servings. Seriously, we got like a thimble of milk each morning
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

did you kick the soap to a neutral corner.....jk.been there it sux hugh, my meal looked like it was just plopped out of an alpo can..even had ridges on the side...it was brown in color and about 1 1/4 thick and about 3" round.. well i didnt eat it.got 3 traffic tickets in 1 year and did 5 days.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Yeah, my younger (18) brother got that contempt stuff, just a day in court. Outstanding fixit tickit on his minivan. Looked so cute in his little Charles Manson haircut. The treatment over it got him to get a trim. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thats his Morrow run in with the law. What a dummy.