Machida/Shogun

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Machida/Shogun

Post by S197 »

Anyone else watch this boring #### fight? I understand the whole "you need to beat the champion to be the champion" but to me it seemed like Shogun won at least 3 rounds.

It should've been a split decision at best, unanimous to Machida I did not see.

It's a guarantee they'll be a rematch. I don't know if I want to pay for another 5 rounds of body kicks though...
Demi
Commissioner

Re: Machida/Shogun

Post by Demi »

NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

That had to be the worst decision in the history of the UFC. Shogun is the rightful Lightheavyweight Champion.

Did you guys read Lesnar had to pull out of his November 21st title defense? Rumor is he has possible swine flu. Apparently Carwin-Lesnar is on for January 2nd now.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I understand the whole "you need to beat the champion to be the champion" but to me it seemed like Shogun won at least 3 rounds.
I understand it, and agree with it mostly, but in this case Shogun clearly won. The Rampage/Forrest fight is an example of a "beat the champ be the champ". And the reason the belt has has moved twice, and should of a third time.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

great fight. machida and shogun would destroy fedor and rogers even though there not heavyweights. even jardine and griffin could beat those slugs. :govikes:
that fedor/rogers fight was horrible.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

:shock:

Fedor would beat anyone in the sport! He's hands down the top pound for pound fighter in the world. And has been for years!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

IMO, the only person who might have a legit claim to be a better pound for pound fighter than Fedor is Anderson Silva.