baseball ?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

baseball ?

Post by hibbingviking »

i just cant get into baseball even if its playoff time. the nfl and college football is so much more interesting. every game matters so much because the season is so short.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: baseball ?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

hibbingviking wrote:i just cant get into baseball even if its playoff time. the nfl and college football is so much more interesting. every game matters so much because the season is so short.

Ok. Try telling the Twins that every game doesn't matter.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Ok. Try telling the Twins that every game doesn't matter.
not saying it doesnt matter. but one nfl game and one college football game matters so much more than a MLB game. plus football is more of a team sport and more strategic IMO. :govikes:
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Baseball was a great sport because it used to be inexpensive. It was a pastime rather than just a big money sink.

When the Metrodome was first opened, two tiers of outfield tickets were lower than minimum wage.

This offseason, the Yankees signed three free agent players to contracts worth more than some of the owners payed for their teams in the last few decades. It's really now about sick money and squeezing the fans with their monopoly (from a unified oligopoly) power.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Minniman wrote:Baseball was a great sport because it used to be inexpensive. It was a pastime rather than just a big money sink.

When the Metrodome was first opened, two tiers of outfield tickets were lower than minimum wage.

This offseason, the Yankees signed three free agent players to contracts worth more than some of the owners payed for their teams in the last few decades. It's really now about sick money and squeezing the fans with their monopoly (from a unified oligopoly) power.

The prices at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are outrageous. The prices in Target Field won't be nearly as bad. There are still seats for less than $10.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
bonehead
Starter

Post by bonehead »

I will have to agree with all of that!!! The price an owner pays a player only hurts the average joe that wants to see a game!! However, AZ Diamondbacks do offer $1.00 seats. They are in the nose bleed section and their isn't a bad seat in the house!! You can even bring a cooler and any kind of food you want! That isn't a bad deal.