Ricky Rubio

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Ricky Rubio

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ESPN issued a report that Rubio will stay in Europe, but no one other than ESPN is confirming the report, not even Rubio. Could this be yet another case of an ESPN-ism??? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4435861
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Ricky Rubio

Post by DeeEss57 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:ESPN issued a report that Rubio will stay in Europe, but no one other than ESPN is confirming the report, not even Rubio. Could this be yet another case of an ESPN-ism??? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4435861

Yeah, not even the Star Tribune has that.

But, does this kid even want to come to Minnesota?

Dawn
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

DeeEss57 wrote:
Yeah, not even the Star Tribune has that.

But, does this kid even want to come to Minnesota?

Dawn

Yes he does. HE has never said he didn't want to. His mom didn't want him to, but he has never said that. In fact, he was interviewed about it, and he said he has no problem with Minnesota.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Will you give them credit for being right?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

HE has never said he didn't want to.
That's because he's never had to.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote:Will you give them credit for being right?

Will who give who credit?
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Will who give who credit?
Will you give ESPN credit? They nailed this one.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote: Will you give ESPN credit? They nailed this one.

Oh. I suppose. Although they did not report it as Rubio's decision. But I guess I can give them half credit.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

It was his decision. With input from family, but still ultimately his decision. Kahn came out and said they had a deal done on the buyout saturday and he came down to Rubio deciding to stay in Spain for the next two years.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Rubio is still a kid. He's doing what his momma wants him to do. But still, makes you think...if it was a team like the Lakers, Celtics, or any of the other big teams you think he would've decided to stay in Spain? I don't.

Drafting him was still a good move by the TWolves. They can sit on his NBA rights for two years until he's done in Spain, or they can trade the rights away to a big market team and get more pieces for their team.

And who knows, after two years maybe Kahn will turn the franchise around and actually make Rubio WANT to play for them. If anything it will really light a fire under Kahn's butt to get this team going.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

HornedMessiah wrote: Drafting him was still a good move by the TWolves. They can sit on his NBA rights for two years until he's done in Spain, or they can trade the rights away to a big market team and get more pieces for their team.
Agreed. As long as the T-wolves have this kids NBA rights the Twolves are in control. My take he comes to the NBA at age 20, The Twolves add piecies to there team when they trade Rubio, and everyone wins.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

NDVikeFan wrote: Agreed. As long as the T-wolves have this kids NBA rights the Twolves are in control. My take he comes to the NBA at age 20, The Twolves add piecies to there team when they trade Rubio, and everyone wins.
Yeah, but they're going to have to wait 2 years to get anything. They should have traded down and let someone else take this headache
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

glg wrote:
Yeah, but they're going to have to wait 2 years to get anything. They should have traded down and let someone else take this headache
Yeah but who knows. In 2 years the price for him could go way up. Than again, who am i kidding, this is the T-wolves. Rubio will tear both ACL's and in 2 years have no value for the Wolves. But seriously i think in the end, even if it is 2 years, the T-wolves will cash in on this pick.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

He'll never play for the TWolves. His value is already shot, everyone knows he'll never play for the TWolves. Bonehead move by a cocky general manager who wanted to make a big splash. And it back fired. Should have traded the pick or taken someone who might someday actually wear a timberwolves jersey.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Demi wrote:He'll never play for the TWolves. His value is already shot, everyone knows he'll never play for the TWolves. Bonehead move by a cocky general manager who wanted to make a big splash. And it back fired. Should have traded the pick or taken someone who might someday actually wear a timberwolves jersey.
I can't disagree more. When he is done with his Spain contract he will be 20 years old! If he doesnt want to play for the Wolves (and i agree with you there i doubt he does) there will be tons of teams lining up to grab the kid. A kid that could play for a team a good 15 years. It will work out for the Wolves in the long run.