new twins stadium link

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

new twins stadium link

Post by OJVIKE »

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: new twins stadium link

Post by DeeEss57 »

It's beginning to actually look like a stadium now. But I still don't like the location.

Dawn
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

its done!!
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

DeeEss57 wrote: It's beginning to actually look like a stadium now. But I still don't like the location.
The Twins complained that a downtown stadium without parking was making them uncompetitive, so they build a downtown stadium with no on-site fan parking next to a garbage dump.

Look at the Earth Cam pictures. The cloud of stink is coming from the compost plant right over the stadium. I expect that compost site to become parking in the future, because it will only take a few ballgames inundated by wretched rotten egg stink to cause an uproar.

It won't take long for The Dump moniker to be applied to Target Field.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Minniman wrote: The Twins complained that a downtown stadium without parking was making them uncompetitive, so they build a downtown stadium with no on-site fan parking next to a garbage dump.

Look at the Earth Cam pictures. The cloud of stink is coming from the compost plant right over the stadium. I expect that compost site to become parking in the future, because it will only take a few ballgames inundated by wretched rotten egg stink to cause an uproar.

It won't take long for The Dump moniker to be applied to Target Field.

Have you ever been to that area? It never smells of garbage. And there is a parking garage, a rather large one, that is connected via skyway. What "cloud" do you speak of? It looks clear to me :confused:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

There was a huge cloud behind the stadium...I saw it too. But was closer to dusk / night at that point.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Have you ever been to that area? It never smells of garbage. What "cloud" do you speak of? It looks clear to me :confused:
It was dusk, and the cloud was billowing out from the compost plant over the stadium. Because of the change in temperature, and the low sunlight, the cloud could be seen well. Of course, it isn't always going to be that large or flowing into the stadium site, but it will only take a few times to make people think twice about the location.

I have lived near a similar site, and I now live by a paper mill with similar circumstances. I do not think it is a good situation. We will see.

Of course, if it was a parking lot, that would be a great place for Vikings tail-gaiting as well, as it is on the rail line to the Metrodome area and will be only a $.50 downtown charge.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: And there is a parking garage, a rather large one, that is connected via skyway.
minnesota.twins.mlb.com wrote:How many seats will be in Target Field?

There will be approximately 40,000 seats in Target Field, with approximately 18,500 infield seats.

What will the parking be like?

There are more than 20,000 parking spaces within a five block walk from the site including 7,700 spots in the adjacent ABC ramps.
Expect some of those 7,700 spots to be used by the team, VIP's, and valet parking for the front-row Champions Club seating.

The Twins do not get revenue from the 20,000 spaces in the parking ramps and lots. As before, the lot owners get the windfall revenue from no investment into the ballpark. That revenue will certainly not be used to secure better players for the team.
MLB.com wrote:Parking

The facility has limited parking available on site and ample public parking garages surrounding Target Field.
On a side note, I wonder what the Twins will do if someone on the plaza gets hit in the head with a home-run ball to right field. That's a short porch with almost no seating.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Have you ever been to that area? It never smells of garbage. And there is a parking garage, a rather large one, that is connected via skyway. What "cloud" do you speak of? It looks clear to me :confused:
Rapid Park is where the tailgate lots were for the Vikings before moving back to the Dome area, so we used to get to spend Sunday's there quite a bit. Trust me, that garbage dump stinks to high heaven in the right conditions. People attending a game at the new stadium will have one thing that stands out to them on some days, and it won't be the play of the home team. :)
Mike