Twins

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Twins

Post by Now its our time »

We have one of the best records in the league,I'm not complaining
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:So then we lay flat against a lousy Cleveland team. Maybe they took a page from the Vikes playbook from last night?

It was aweful to watch. A 3 hitter against that crappy team? And the Sox won, keeping the number at 13 and down to only 5 games up. Suppose we'll get swept these next 2 series?? I hope not, but thats how the season has been going, up and down and back and forth with the Sox.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Wow. 1 run in two games against the Mighty Cleveland team. Thats not going to hold up against ANY play off team. Luckily Big Thome came through and the Sox lost again. We play so crappy on the road.

Was anyone else able to hear the Cleveland fans during the game. Man, brutal. It was like we were playing in Philly or something. Usually on TV I cant hear much other than cheering and clapping, those fans were nasty. Is that typical for Cleveland? Could anyone else hear that too?
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Nice win against the White Sox tonight to open the series. Crain is a stud. Bases loaded and strikes out Konerko and Ramirez back-to-back to end the threat. Up 7 now. Things are looking good.

Tonight was the first time I've seen Fuentes pitch. Man, that guy has a crazy delivery. It's like his body goes at normal speed but his throwing arm lags behind, then at the last moment it snaps around. I've never seen a delivery like that before. Gotta love the crazy side-armers. Now he just needs to grow some mutton chops or even better, the classic mutton chops-into-mustache combo like Gen. Ambrose Burnside.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Yes, that was a big game, and I agree Crain is really something since the break, a stud. The Sox did something I thought was a bit weird. They intentionally walked Young, to pitch to Thome, just so there was a force play as first base was open???? That to me seemed like an incredibly stupid move. They ended up walking Thome too, but I thought that was just plain stupid, especially the way Thome is hitting right now. If we take one more of the series Ill be absolutely pumped!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:Yes, that was a big game, and I agree Crain is really something since the break, a stud. The Sox did something I thought was a bit weird. They intentionally walked Young, to pitch to Thome, just so there was a force play as first base was open???? That to me seemed like an incredibly stupid move. They ended up walking Thome too, but I thought that was just plain stupid, especially the way Thome is hitting right now. If we take one more of the series Ill be absolutely pumped!

Crain is on fire lately, but Guerierr needs like a week off. He is tired, and it shows. With the deep bullpen that we have, I don't know why Gardy keeps throwing him out there.
With that said, great win, I love beating the Sox! I love hearing the boos when Manny struck out too. :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Crain is on fire lately, but Guerierr needs like a week off. He is tired, and it shows. With the deep bullpen that we have, I don't know why Gardy keeps throwing him out there.
With that said, great win, I love beating the Sox! I love hearing the boos when Manny struck out too. :)

So you think we'll win tonight?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote: So you think we'll win tonight?

Well, Mauer went deep just now, so if Duensing can keep up what he is doing, I think we'll be ok.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

And BTW, does anyone think it is a coincidence that the Twins are on their hot run when Punto is out of the lineup? They don't have that easy out anymore.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:And BTW, does anyone think it is a coincidence that the Twins are on their hot run when Punto is out of the lineup? They don't have that easy out anymore.

Exactly. He got in last night late, and made an error, hope he stays on the bench. Twins are doing well right now, no need to mess with things. A sweep tonight would be awesome, plus, Ozzie would likely have some great quotes on SportCenter if it happens.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

Does anyone know if Morneau will be back for the playoffs? or at all? I am really enjoying this season more then any in recent memory. I made my pilgrimage to Target field a few weeks ago. No game that night, but I took a tour. Absolutely Amazing! Jim Thome has been phenomenal. Glad they saved him for the end of the season. Perfect timing.
Seek and Destroy
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

bigskyeric wrote:Does anyone know if Morneau will be back for the playoffs? or at all?
At this point, I fear he's done. The word is that he has good days and bad days and that's really, really not good.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote: At this point, I fear he's done. The word is that he has good days and bad days and that's really, really not good.
Me too. I really think his career is over. I think if he is smart he will retire. If he gets hit in the head next year, you never know what could happen.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Me too. I really think his career is over. I think if he is smart he will retire. If he gets hit in the head next year, you never know what could happen.
Well, hope for the best. It's all we can do. 88-58. We're tied with the Yankees and only .5 behind T.B. I say we keep it going and steamroll on through to the end. Then have home field advantage over everyone. Especially those damn Yankees. Only way we will beat them. Or anyone for that matter is with H.F.A.
Seek and Destroy
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

bigskyeric wrote:Only way we will beat them. Or anyone for that matter is with H.F.A.
The NL has HFA in the World Series this season because of th All0Star game win. But I really think we match up well tieh NL teams.