Twins

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Twins

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:Yea, Guardy has them ready for the post season all right. Figures. Another one and done the way they looked the last 2 games.

At least he didn't field a AAA lineup. Although he is doing the same thing with his bullpen. He really needs to get rid of Perkins.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
At least he didn't field a AAA lineup. Although he is doing the same thing with his bullpen. He really needs to get rid of Perkins.

After this series, he needs his line up like it will be in the playoffs to get ready. Rest some this series, then get to work. If Detroit can score 21 in two games against our pitching, yikes, the Yanks and alike will score at will. And scoring 5 in the frist and losing, WTH. Toss up between watching the Twins at noon or the Vikings.......thought the Twins were more likely to win, now who knows, maybe Minny goes 0-2 today.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purple guy wrote:I look for the Twins to get swept in Detroit, so homefield wont even be a worry.
When you wrote that, I thought, no way. But it looks like it will happen. The starters are going through their normal bi-weekly suck fest.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleMustReign wrote: When you wrote that, I thought, no way. But it looks like it will happen. The starters are going through their normal bi-weekly suck fest.

Although, in fairnes to Brian Duensing, the lineup today is almost AA level. Anytime Punto plays it automatically drops the competitiveness of the lineup a few dozen points. I wish he wasn't playing anymore.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Although, in fairnes to Brian Duensing, the lineup today is almost AA level. Anytime Punto plays it automatically drops the competitiveness of the lineup a few dozen points. I wish he wasn't playing anymore.
He's a kind of guy you keep at the end of your bench as a late inning defensive replacement. Don't start him.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: When you wrote that, I thought, no way. But it looks like it will happen. The starters are going through their normal bi-weekly suck fest.
Yea, Punto has no business on the field, we just swept a series at home, had some momentum, and Guardy decides to rest everyone and coast into the playoffs. Idiot. Between Guardy and our pitching, pretty disappointing. They better turn it around the next 7 games or it'll likely be 1 and done.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well, the Twins are toast. They will not win a playoff series. This relaxed play they have started doing is just bull ####. Why Gardenhire would allow this just proves that he should not be a manager. What a bunch of crap.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

purple guy wrote: Yea, Punto has no business on the field, we just swept a series at home, had some momentum, and Guardy decides to rest everyone and coast into the playoffs. Idiot. Between Guardy and our pitching, pretty disappointing. They better turn it around the next 7 games or it'll likely be 1 and done.
Stats and recent history proves that having a bad end to a season is actually a good thing. Most of the mainstays on this team went through 2 game 163's in a row,I'm sure they're glad they can rest
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why Gardenhire would allow this just proves that he should not be a manager. What a bunch of crap.
Ya, I mean, that guy totally shouldn't be a MLB manager. He deserves to be fired for leading the Twins to one of the best records in the the entire league. What a hack! And all those division titles in recent years? That guy has absolutely no idea what he's doing!

:roll:

Honestly just STFU already. We get it, you hate Gardenhire.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well, the Twins are toast. They will not win a playoff series. This relaxed play they have started doing is just bull ####. Why Gardenhire would allow this just proves that he should not be a manager. What a bunch of crap.

We score, 8, 10, 7 and STILL cant win. Not only are we fielding a AA line up since we clinched, our pitchers are completely lost and unable to hold the mighty Tigers and Royals runs down. By looking at the scores, you'd think we are playing the Yankees everyday. Get in, coast until the end of the season, get swept in first round because everyone is rusty, yep, Guardy is a genius. Who care how many division titles he has, we won a division where every other team was terrible, all 3 other teams eliminated 2-3 weeks before any other division was even decided. He truely is a complete moron.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

purple guy wrote:
We score, 8, 10, 7 and STILL cant win. Not only are we fielding a AA line up since we clinched, our pitchers are completely lost and unable to hold the mighty Tigers and Royals runs down. By looking at the scores, you'd think we are playing the Yankees everyday. Get in, coast until the end of the season, get swept in first round because everyone is rusty, yep, Guardy is a genius. Who care how many division titles he has, we won a division where every other team was terrible, all 3 other teams eliminated 2-3 weeks before any other division was even decided. He truely is a complete moron.
Seriously... Give it a rest.

Everyone raise your hand if you don't know that PurpleMustReign doesn't like Gardy... Come on now, raise your hands... Please raise them now... No one, really? Hmmm... OK

:deadhorse:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Thaumaturgist wrote: Seriously... Give it a rest.

Everyone raise your hand if you don't know that PurpleMustReign doesn't like Gardy... Come on now, raise your hands... Please raise them now... No one, really? Hmmm... OK

first of all, I'm not the only one. Second, if you don't like it don't read it. This is the only Twins related thread on here, and this is where some of us come to vent about the team, as well as show positivity when they are doing good. Excuse us for venting about the Twins a little.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Seriously... Give it a rest.

So this is the only thread where :deadhorse: is happening???: WTF. When you are the one who can decide what is posted and what others opinions are, we'll post under your rules and directions. Until then, if you dont like it, dont read them. Its a fairly simple process if you really concentrate and focus. If you are unable to pull off such a complicated mental task, Im sorry, but you need help. This is a message board, where people post, you know, their opinions. You dont have to agree with them, you can even try debunk them, but I really dont think its your place to pick what we think or post.

BTW, I raised my hand, and I agree with with PMR. I assume your hand is not up, which is fine, but I (nor does PMR) dont try tell you that your wrong for supporting him, only express the fact I dont. Buh bye now.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

purple guy wrote: So this is the only thread where :deadhorse: is happening???: WTF. When you are the one who can decide what is posted and what others opinions are, we'll post under your rules and directions. Until then, if you dont like it, dont read them. Its a fairly simple process if you really concentrate and focus. If you are unable to pull off such a complicated mental task, Im sorry, but you need help. This is a message board, where people post, you know, their opinions. You dont have to agree with them, you can even try debunk them, but I really dont think its your place to pick what we think or post.

BTW, I raised my hand, and I agree with with PMR. I assume your hand is not up, which is fine, but I (nor does PMR) dont try tell you that your wrong for supporting him, only express the fact I dont. Buh bye now.
Wow. Just wow. I thought personal attacks were against the rules of the forum? I'm sorry if what I wrote was interpreted as a personal attack. I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with him. I didn't say he can't post his opinion. I just thought enough was enough. I don't have any problems with anyone's opinions. It's just his/your opinion on this subject has been stated multiple times, and IMHO doesn't need to be rehashed in every new post. I get it... I've heard it... We all have.

PurpleMustReighn, I apologize if I offended you, and I'm sorry I singled you out. That wasn't the point of my message, and it certainly wasn't to tell you you couldn't share your opinion. I've been here about 8 years and I don't try to step on toes, or offend anyone, so have a cold one on me, and we'll forget the whole thing, K? :beerchug:
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

and we're done.