Timberwolves

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Timberwolves

Post by HornedMessiah »

Like glg, I also read the Wolves are only allowed to put 500k towards Rubio's contract buyout. The kid is only 18 so I think the Wolves would be fine with waiting a year or two to get him. It was a good move to draft Flynn though, a backup plan in case Rubio falls through.

That quote about him not wanting to play for the Wolves because his "mom hates cold weather" is funny. That just proves how much of a youngster he actually is.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HornedMessiah wrote:Like glg, I also read the Wolves are only allowed to put 500k towards Rubio's contract buyout. The kid is only 18 so I think the Wolves would be fine with waiting a year or two to get him. It was a good move to draft Flynn though, a backup plan in case Rubio falls through.

That quote about him not wanting to play for the Wolves because his "mom hates cold weather" is funny. That just proves how much of a youngster he actually is.
I've never read an actual quote from him anywhere that he actually said that. And I am waiting to hear from him that he isn't going to play in this season as well, not one from daddy.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I've never read an actual quote from him anywhere that he actually said that. And I am waiting to hear from him that he isn't going to play in this season as well, not one from daddy.
He actually said it live during the NBA Draft. After he was picked, he went up on stage and sat down with an interviewer. That quote came out during that interview. Heck, if he doesn't want to be here, trade the guy. I like Johnny Flynn better anyway.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Send this dick back to Spain then if he doesn't want to play in Minnesota.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Clippers get Wolves' Telfair in Richardson trade

MINNEAPOLIS -- On the same day that he left for Spain to discuss Ricky Rubio's buyout with DKV Joventut, Minnesota Timberwolves president David Kahn traded the only veteran point guard he has on his roster.

Was Kahn clearing room for Rubio by sending Sebastian Telfair and forwards Mark Madsen and Craig Smith to the Los Angeles Clippers for Quentin Richardson?

"This is not a precursor of any sort," Kahn said Monday from New York shortly before he was scheduled to hop a flight across the Atlantic. "We have no feel yet as to whether Ricky will be joining us."

I like the trade, although I don't know how hyped I am with getting rid of our only veteran point guard. It is clear that Kahn is completly starting over, and doing it YOUNG. I'm glad Madsen is finally gone. He was worthless ever since the Western Conference Finals Season. Boy, McHale just f-ed this team up didn't he?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Clippers get Wolves' Telfair in Richardson trade
I like the trade, although I don't know how hyped I am with getting rid of our only veteran point guard. It is clear that Kahn is completly starting over, and doing it YOUNG. I'm glad Madsen is finally gone. He was worthless ever since the Western Conference Finals Season. Boy, McHale just f-ed this team up didn't he?
Quentin Richardson was traded to the Heat for Mark Blount prior to the season. Blount, a recycled McHale acquisition, was picked up for his expiring contract. He is not with the team. Richardson provides critical points for the Heat.

Are trades like that supposed to make the Wolves better?

The Wolves have not won a game since the first game buzzer beater. The Wolves get smoked by even the worst teams in the NBA, and they are officially in last place in the Western Conference.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Minniman wrote:Quentin Richardson was traded to the Heat for Mark Blount prior to the season. Blount, a recycled McHale acquisition, was picked up for his expiring contract. He is not with the team. Richardson provides critical points for the Heat.

Are trades like that supposed to make the Wolves better?

The Wolves have not won a game since the first game buzzer beater. The Wolves get smoked by even the worst teams in the NBA, and they are officially in last place in the Western Conference.

I still don't understand why they got rid of Telfair. But what puzzles me more is why they got rid of Richardson. I was at the game tonight against Dallas, and other than Jefferson (who didn't play because of hos grandmother's funeral), Love (injured), and maybe Johnny Flynn, they don't have a single player who would start on any other NBA team. They have some decent players, but games aren't won by putting decent players in to guard Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd. I feel bad for Kurt Rambis. He finally gets to coach a team, and he is given the equivalent to a semi-pro league team.
I believe that some of the moves David Kahn made were simply to make moves (as evident by the Richardson trade). Plus, he made them without even having a coach to tell him what kind of players he wanted. I like that Kahn wanted to clean house, because it desperately needed a cleaning, but I wish he had found a coach first, THEN get the right players he needed.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I believe that some of the moves David Kahn made were simply to make moves
This year was a throw away year. He's doing a rebuilding project right, by tearing it down and starting over. The team wasn't winning anything anyway, so he cut to the chase and went as hard as possible to clear up cap space and cut out the garbage. I like how he's doing it...I disagree with the Rubio pick, but otherwise this needed to be done. Sure he could have kept some people who can compete, but they'd cost cap space, and wouldn't mean the difference in any way. (I guess fan approval, but if he succeeds in the rebuilding it's far better having playoff caliber teams for a few years after a few years of hard rebuilding then just being average for a decade)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Demi wrote: This year was a throw away year. He's doing a rebuilding project right, by tearing it down and starting over. The team wasn't winning anything anyway, so he cut to the chase and went as hard as possible to clear up cap space and cut out the garbage. I like how he's doing it...I disagree with the Rubio pick, but otherwise this needed to be done. Sure he could have kept some people who can compete, but they'd cost cap space, and wouldn't mean the difference in any way. (I guess fan approval, but if he succeeds in the rebuilding it's far better having playoff caliber teams for a few years after a few years of hard rebuilding then just being average for a decade)

That makes sense I suppose. But boy, they sure are an uncompetitive bunch right now..
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Wolves lose to Warriors in record-setting fashion

Minnesota tied club marks for points allowed, margin of defeat.

By JERRY ZGODA, Star Tribune

Last update: November 10, 2009

OAKLAND, CALIF. - This isn't a joke, even if it sounds like one after the Timberwolves' historically abysmal 146-105 loss at Golden State on Monday night ...
Wolves Lose in Record Setting Fashion

Watching Garnett, Allen, Roy, Mayo, and Robinson play well after trades makes me sick.

The Wolves are cleaning house, but can they build any better than McHale did? Sounds simple, but so far there have not been any signs of life.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike: