Whats your Favorite Beer ?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Favorite is Sam Adams. Leinenkugel Creamy Dark, regular, and red are also favorites. Also like Guiness and Killians. For a cheap domestic, its regular Budweiser. I also just discovered Shock Top, it is a very tasty spiced beer.

I just don't like lite/light beer. It tastes like crap and actually makes me sick worse than any kind of alcohol. Sam Adams Light is not bad though.

Not a big fan of fruit beers either, but the Leiny's Weiss line is pretty decent.
mr6kings
Backup

Post by mr6kings »

Motel Beer.
My wife works as a maid whatever she brings home LOL. Usually save the cans for marinating ribs or brisket. My favorite though would have to be Singha from Thailand. :D
Mark Solie
novellahub
Transition Player

Post by novellahub »

Here are some of my favorites:

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss
Blue Moon
Grain Belt Premium
Corona w/ real lime
Joe
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Whats your Favorite Beer ?

Post by Krulik »

DanAS1 wrote: Heineken. Sorry to pick one that is so well known and advertised, but I'm being honest.
Haha, so true. I'm a big fan of shizzngigglze honey berry lager myself
black
Practice Squad

Post by black »

Budweiser, what else?
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Oh, I forgot about Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark (thanks for the reminder!)... but you have to try and find it on tap. Incredible!

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

Sam Adams
Heineken(spent some time in germany and besides german beer, this seemed to be the popular beer)
The two strongest beers I have had have been from Spain and Canada. I think the one from spain was 12% alcohol or something.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Is Leinenkugel a regional beer? I've never heard of it.
Sackmeifyoucan
Veteran

Post by Sackmeifyoucan »

dead_poet wrote:Newcastle in a frozen mug
My beer of the moment is Newcastle...and even more appealing in a frosty mug!!
I do like almost any beer though...Except for most fruit beers.
Last edited by Sackmeifyoucan on Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

S197 wrote:Is Leinenkugel a regional beer? I've never heard of it.
Its brewed in Chipewa Falls, WI. I'm not sure if its nationally distributed though. I'm guessing its mainly available in the Midwest.
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

wang_chi7 wrote: Its brewed in Chipewa Falls, WI. I'm not sure if its nationally distributed though. I'm guessing its mainly available in the Midwest.
Since Miller Lite bought it, I think they've spread out quiet a bit. Maybe not to the coasts quiet yet.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark
Sounds tasty! I'll have to put it on my list.

My friends and I get together and have Oktoberfest in late September or early October. We have many brews to taste and German and Austrian food to eat. Some beer is home brewed while others are from Germany, Japan, the United States, Canada, or just about any place that makes beer, and that includes many places.

We used to do it every year, but now we only do it once every few years. that's really too bad, because it has always been a good time.

We do have a wine fest from time to time, but that can get expensive. It is a good opportunity to find some good cheap wines as well. One never knows what will show up uncorked at the table.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Minniman wrote:It is a good opportunity to find some good cheap wines as well.
Ever had Charles Shaw? They sell it at Trader Joe's (couple locations in the cities, lots around me in Chicago) for $2 or $3 a bottle, hence the nickname
"two buck chuck". It's not in the same class as truly great (and expensive) wines, but it's pretty good, especially when you consider it's priced similar to Boone's Farm and Franzia.
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

glg wrote: Ever had Charles Shaw? They sell it at Trader Joe's (couple locations in the cities, lots around me in Chicago) for $2 or $3 a bottle, hence the nickname
"two buck chuck". It's not in the same class as truly great (and expensive) wines, but it's pretty good, especially when you consider it's priced similar to Boone's Farm and Franzia.
However, not all expensive wines are that great. I have found that people buy the expensive wines when they want to impress someone that they are having over. When they don't do this they usually buy the cheaper stuff.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Maybe enjoying wine and beer is something that comes with age.

I can't stand any beer I've ever tried. It just doesn't taste good. Wine is pretty much the same though it's certainly more tolerable than beer.