What do you know about Northern Power Football League??

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

photog
Practice Squad

What do you know about Northern Power Football League??

Post by photog »

I just found out that the Twin Cities are going to have several semi-pro football teams playing this year. It is supposed to be an eight-team league with five teams from the former Great Plains Football League. The three new Twin City teams which will be in Edina, Lindstrom, and Farmington. They are talking about a stadium across the highway from me but will use the HS stadium for this year's games. What is kinda funny is the Farmington team is the Lions and the Farmington HS team is the Tigers.

Maybe some of you know about the former league and might have some insight on why it failed and what chance the new league has?

Supposedly there are 30 leagues which make up the 280 teams in the Minor League Football Alliance.

Seems our team will be ran by Doug Johnson who played for the Maulers of the North American Football League. Number 2 in charge is Matt Falco, a former professional rugby player.

How many acres of land does it take for a small football stadium and parking...wonder if I could sell them my place :)

Also, they are seeking players if you feel up for some game...

Lew
Photograph Events of Minnesota
Your Event, Our Camera!
PhotographEvents.Com