8 dead, at least 5 hurt in Maryland street-racing accident

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

8 dead, at least 5 hurt in Maryland street-racing accident

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S349374.shtml?cat=1

ACCOKEEK, Md. (AP) - A car plowed into a group of street-racing fans obscured by a cloud of tire smoke on a highway Saturday, killing eight people and scattering bodies in the early morning darkness.

At least five others were injured in the gruesome wreck along a flat, isolated stretch of highway about 20 miles south of Washington known for illegal races.

A tragic story.

But its such a stupid thing to do. People seem to think they are invincible. I wish some people would learn.

Although I don't understand why the white sedan was driving with no headlights. Seems odd to me. But still, piling into a road at night isn't a smart thing to do.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Seen several pictures of the accident scene at another site. What a tragic loss. Some people will just never learn. :cry: