Kansas Vikings New Ride to Vikings Home Games

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

IAVikeFan
Veteran

Post by IAVikeFan »

I can, that is why I own a motorcycle. Not as fast as that ZR1, but pretty darn close to one of the new z06's.
jackal
Strong Safety

Dreaming

Post by jackal »

Since were Dreaming here it might as well be big.

http://www.bluestarjets.com/learjet_45.html

We could have a Jet Pool to games Mike :lol:

If I win the 150 million dollar lottery this week I can
get a box and pick you up for games Mike.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Dreaming

Post by vikingman »

jackal wrote:Since were Dreaming here it might as well be big.

http://www.bluestarjets.com/learjet_45.html

We could have a Jet Pool to games Mike :lol:

If I win the 150 million dollar lottery this week I can
get a box and pick you up for games Mike.
If you win 150 million, don't forget about me. You guys will need security and you don't have to make another stop. :wink:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The Z06 is already ridiculously fast, I can't even imagine this one. From a dead stop, you can put it in 5th gear and it will run from 0-140+ (in one gear!).
IAVikeFan
Veteran

Post by IAVikeFan »

Starting from a dead stop in 5th gear might be tough. You might not make it to 140 before melting the clutch. But I agree...the Z06 is more than fast enough for a car. That's probably why they added all the ride control stuff to this. Well, in all reality, this may be GM's new homoligation special for 24 hrs of Le Mans next year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

IAVikeFan wrote:Starting from a dead stop in 5th gear might be tough. You might not make it to 140 before melting the clutch. But I agree...the Z06 is more than fast enough for a car. That's probably why they added all the ride control stuff to this. Well, in all reality, this may be GM's new homoligation special for 24 hrs of Le Mans next year.
That's how much torque this thing has that a 5th gear dead stop run to redline is not only possible but has been done. There's a BBC program called "Top Gear" where Jeremy Clarkson does it rather easily. I think it's on youtube, just search "top gear z06."
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

I saw that episode on T.V. and yes he did do it without destroyng the car. IIRC, he also pointed out if he were going to buy a vette for a daily driver he would buy the standard as opposed to the Z06 because the Z06 was too brutal for a daily driver, it was more suited for the track.