Twins try to justify Santana trade

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Re: Twins try to justify Santana trade

Post by DanAS1 »

I suppose we should be happy that they're no longer trying to dissolve themselves. But this trade was inexcusable. Not only did they lose Santana, but they got nobody for him -- same as with Hunter and Castillo.

To do this just before they're getting a new stadium is truly a kick in the face to all Twins fans. I'll remain a fan of the franchise, but I can't say I'm looking forward to the start of the season.
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

Let me point out that I don't watch baseball, but if people want to blame someone shouldn't they be blaming MLB? They have no revenue sharing. That is the root problem here. Do you think that Indy would ever trade away Peyton? It wouldn't happen, and they wouldn't have to because they get cash to help them out.

The stadium is a separate issue. I don't know if he paid a fair percentage based on what other owners pay. Once again, he should try to get the best deal he can. If the state paid more then they should, I hardly see that as his fault.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mefford76 wrote:Let me point out that I don't watch baseball, but if people want to blame someone shouldn't they be blaming MLB? They have no revenue sharing. That is the root problem here. Do you think that Indy would ever trade away Peyton? It wouldn't happen, and they wouldn't have to because they get cash to help them out.

The stadium is a separate issue. I don't know if he paid a fair percentage based on what other owners pay. Once again, he should try to get the best deal he can. If the state paid more then they should, I hardly see that as his fault.

He paid more for the stadium, but the point is he has far more money than any other owner, yet he whines when he doesn't make a profit. He has to spend money to make money, and he isn't willing to spend. I will admit, he put way more into the stadium than I ever thought he would, but he hasn't put much money into the TEAM in a long time. We should have been able to keep Santana and Hunter (although Hunter is vastly overpaid in Anaheim). And I'm sure Joe Nathan will be gone too, although I can not justify paying a closer more than $6 mil a year (I keep hearing how Nathan is a bargain for that price).
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018