Morneau and Cuddyer signed

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Morneau and Cuddyer signed

Post by DeeEss57 »

The Minnesota Twins announced Friday that they have signed
first baseman Justin Morneau and outfielder Michael Cuddyer
to multiyear deals.

Morneau signed a six-year deal and now is signed through
2013. The 2006 AL MVP earned his first All-Star bid in 2007,
batting .276 along with 31 home runs and 111 rbi.

Cuddyer, who signed a three-year deal with a club option for
2011, batted .276 last season while hitting 16 home runs and
81 rbi last season.

One less thing to worry about, I guess. Now if they'd only sign Santana to another contract.

Dawn
From many... One.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Man you JUST beat me to it!!

I'm glad this happened. So far, I like this new GM better than Terry Ryan for the simple fact that he is aggressive. We'll see if he has Ryan's success.

I like Morneau, and I like Cuddyer, but I hope Cuddy stays in Right. His career took off when he started playing there, and I can see it going to hell if they move him.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Skoobs78
Veteran

Post by Skoobs78 »

Bargain for the numbers that Morneau puts up, we need to either lock up Santana or trade him for an established group of players, including a 3rd baseman.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Skoobs78 wrote:Bargain for the numbers that Morneau puts up, we need to either lock up Santana or trade him for an established group of players, including a 3rd baseman.

If we're going to trade Santana (and they'd better not), they'd better get some good pitching in return. We got him and Liriano. That's about it. Trade Santana and we got a guy coming off Tommy John surgery as our ace. That ain't going to work.

Dawn
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DeeEss57 wrote:
If we're going to trade Santana (and they'd better not), they'd better get some good pitching in return. We got him and Liriano. That's about it. Trade Santana and we got a guy coming off Tommy John surgery as our ace. That ain't going to work.

Dawn

That's what I'm afraid they are banking on: Liriano returning to form. First, he had Tommy John Surgery, and second, he has only pitched for a little more than half of a full season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:That's what I'm afraid they are banking on: Liriano returning to form. First, he had Tommy John Surgery, and second, he has only pitched for a little more than half of a full season.
It takes two years to competely recover from that surgery and the Twins should know that. We'll be lucky if he can pitch even 75% of what he was this season.

I don't know what I'll do if the Twins trade Santana. I'm tempted to send them all my Twins stuff and tell them they just lost a fan to the Cubs.
:)

Dawn
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

A big step in the right direction.
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

DeeEss57 wrote: It takes two years to competely recover from that surgery and the Twins should know that. We'll be lucky if he can pitch even 75% of what he was this season.

I don't know what I'll do if the Twins trade Santana. I'm tempted to send them all my Twins stuff and tell them they just lost a fan to the Cubs.
:)

Dawn
They probably should trade him, Dawn. The alternative is losing him in a year and getting nothing. The team is obviously too cheap to re-sign him.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

They should have traded Hunter too.

As far as being cheap, he'd take up like a third of their payroll. Simple reality is a team with bottom of the league revenue can't realistically afford that.