Packer merchandise in MN stores

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Packer merchandise in MN stores

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Does it pi$$ anyone else off that many stores are selling Green Bay Packer merchandise in Minnesota stores (Target, Wal-Mart, etc)? We are MINNESOTA for cryin out loud, if you want GB stuff drive to Wisconsin!! I'm guessing they don't have Cleveland Browns stuff in Pittsburgh, or heck GB stuff in Chicago.

Its stupid. Just stupid.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

MN employs most of western Wisconsin, so there are a lot of Packer fans here. The state of Wisconsin is like a boil on the butts of MN and IL when it comes to employment. :)
jackal
Strong Safety

mmm

Post by jackal »

Well I am not sure of the whole history of the Vikings fans
but from what I saw I didn't think much of a lot of "some"
Vikings fans when I went to game. Thousands of people
left when Peterson was making history during the Chargers
game. I looked over at Mike and said how can anyone be leaving
this game early. I know they are a lot of hard core fans as well.
Maybe I would be the same way I didn't watch all the super bowl
losses in the 70's and great Walker trade with Dallas go down
either.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
glg
Site Admin

Re: Packer merchandise in MN stores

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:heck GB stuff in Chicago.
nah, you do see Packer stuff in stores here. Not a ton, but certainly some
mr6kings
Backup

Post by mr6kings »

I rememberbefore you saw a lot of Vikings merchandise in Lacrosse WI. Don't get up there much any more so can't say whether or not it's changed.
Mark Solie
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Pfft!

Thats nothing! I was at Vikings training camp in Mankato about 4 years ago and in the merchandise tent they had PACKERS JERSEYS!!!

I grabbed a sales clerk and was like, WTF!??? He said that they sell more than you'd ever thing of them at a Vikings training camp and that since they were a store and not "affiliated" with the Vikings that cash was king!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingMachine wrote:Pfft!

Thats nothing! I was at Vikings training camp in Mankato about 4 years ago and in the merchandise tent they had PACKERS JERSEYS!!!

I grabbed a sales clerk and was like, WTF!??? He said that they sell more than you'd ever thing of them at a Vikings training camp and that since they were a store and not "affiliated" with the Vikings that cash was king!
I would have shot someone. What a stupid thing for them to do. Maybe they were selling the Packers jerseys for kindling?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I would have shot someone. What a stupid thing for them to do. Maybe they were selling the Packers jerseys for kindling?
Ya I thought so too!

It almost was trecherous IMO. If I were the team owner (Red back then) and had seen that I would have told them to remove it all or they wouldnt be back next year.
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

If money was the consideration, it was probably Red's idea!!
Xqed
Franchise Player

Post by Xqed »

I try not to let it bug me.

I think at least some of it comes from pre-1961, when most pro football fans in Minnesota rooted for the nearest team, which of course was the Packers.

So I think of it as good Minnesotans just being loyal to their first team. Can't fault them for that.