July 18, 1986... Remember this?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

July 18, 1986... Remember this?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWs7R0qSDuo

Probably the tornado that made video taping tornadoes famous. I remember coming home from Day Camp that day (I was 7) and being able to see the tornado from Maple Grove (Nowadays I probably wouldn't be able to see it because of all the buildings and houses).

Anyone else remember this?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Darkwing
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Darkwing »

1986? Wow - I remember that so vividly it could have been last summer. Crazy.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: July 18, 1986... Remember this?

Post by DeeEss57 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Probably the tornado that made video taping tornadoes famous. I remember coming home from Day Camp that day (I was 7) and being able to see the tornado from Maple Grove (Nowadays I probably wouldn't be able to see it because of all the buildings and houses).

Anyone else remember this?

I do. I thought it was the most spectacular video of a tornado I'd ever seen. It really brought home the destructiveness of one, since you had a clear view of what was going on.

Dawn
From many... One.
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

yeah, I remember that - I was driving home from work and was on Hwy 280 seeing it in the distance
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

that is my brothers birthday, we always talk about that one...it was really imressive camera work.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Hmm, not really remembering it. I would have been 11 and in Elk River (unless out of town for vacation or something).

Where was the touchdown?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote:Hmm, not really remembering it. I would have been 11 and in Elk River (unless out of town for vacation or something).

Where was the touchdown?

Brooklyn Park and it skipped to Fridley. It touched down, then went back up, then down then up, etc.

So you are... 33 years old now!! :P
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Brooklyn Park and it skipped to Fridley. It touched down, then went back up, then down then up, etc.

So you are... 33 years old now!! :P
32, not my birthday yet :)

wait, I did bad math. wasn't my birthday yet (september) that year, so I was 10.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote: 32, not my birthday yet :)

wait, I did bad math. wasn't my birthday yet (september) that year, so I was 10.

You still don't remember? I guess maybe I remember it because I saw it... if you didn't see it I guess it wouldn't stick as easily.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Darkwing wrote:1986? Wow - I remember that so vividly it could have been last summer. Crazy.
I was 3 in 1986, so I don't remember it at all.

Cool footage though.