minnesota hockey

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

illinivikes
Veteran

minnesota hockey

Post by illinivikes »

How is the Minnesota hockey scene? I read about how good it is, but every thread on this board about hockey gets about one or two replies. Does anyone here play or follow hockey at all?
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

We're a wrestling family so we dont follow anything other than the Wild. I have 3 personal season tickets for the Wild and get to a few games each year.

On a side note, I see you are in the Quad Cities. My nephew is opening a new resteraunt in your town, his name is Toby and hes a GREAT kid...well hes 31 now so hes no kid anymore. Heres a link to an article in your local paper written about the new place:

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2007/11 ... 822908.txt
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Hockey has a good scene here, but generally if you are a Vikings fan, that's all you think about (the Vikings and Wild both have very passionate fan bases, so you are either one or the other). That's why the posts here don't go very far.

Also know that the Wild have sold out every home game in their existence.

But believe me, hockey is a big deal around here. I've been to a couple Wild games, and the fans there are awesome. Its almost a playoff atmosphere every game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Hockey is a big sport in Minnesota, but it has become a sport for mostly well off kids on travelling teams and $50-$100/hour special training programs held by some former NHL player or two. At least that it how it is in the beltway and burbs.

As for the NHL, the Wild are fun to watch, but they don't play very good defense for a defensive team. At least they are not run like the Timberwolves.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Minniman wrote:Hockey is a big sport in Minnesota, but it has become a sport for mostly well off kids on travelling teams and $50-$100/hour special training programs held by some former NHL player or two. At least that it how it is in the beltway and burbs.
Which is why you have no idea how happy I was when both my boys chose wrestling as their winter sport....that decision alone saved me thousands upon thousands of $$$!
illinivikes
Veteran

Post by illinivikes »

I will have to make sure to check out that new restaurant. The location he is using has great potential and I hope Toby does well. My wife and I really enjoy going to good new restaurants, but it seems like we are running out of places to try. We really need some good restaurants in this area.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

illinivikes wrote:I will have to make sure to check out that new restaurant. The location he is using has great potential and I hope Toby does well. My wife and I really enjoy going to good new restaurants, but it seems like we are running out of places to try. We really need some good restaurants in this area.
Check it out!

Toby is an excellent manager but hes also a KILLER cook! He comes up with some absolutely DELICOUS stuff!!! Knowing Toby it will have a great ambiance too it as well.