Anoka man's vehicle filled with toys for the needy stolen

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Anoka man's vehicle filled with toys for the needy stolen

Post by PurpleMustReign »

A Twin Cities man who collected gifts for needy children was robbed of his vehicle filled with toys on Tuesday.

The suspect drove off with David Grupa’s SUV from his home at the corner of Bailey Lane and McKinley St in Anoka.

Grupa has collected Christmas presents for children since 1999 and was about to deliver them—however, he left his packed SUV unattended as he waited for the vehicle to warm up.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S289041.shtml?cat=1

Granted, he shuld have locked the van (if possible) when he was letting it warm up, but what cold, heartless person would do such a pathetic thing. I can't believe there are some people out there like this that would steal a van like that.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Wow what a person with no life. Why would anyone still toys for needy kids? That is just terrible.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Anoka man's vehicle filled with toys for the needy stole

Post by DeeEss57 »

Apparently, Louis Anderson has stepped up to help replace the lost toys. The toys were intended for the area in which he grew up, so he's giving back. After Louis and the community stepped up, they had enough gifts to help 100 families. My faith in humanity is restored. :)

Dawn
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

yup

Louie Anderson was on the KQ Morning show and the guy whose truck was stolen called into the show because they talked about the robbery. And after he was done telling his story Louie said "I'm going to replace those toys for you." Just completely out of the blue.

There are some really philanthropic people on Tom Barnard's show.
This summer Tom replaced a mans special wheelchair because his chair was still in his van that was stuck on the I35 bridge. The chair itself cost something 4 or 5 grand. And a random caller said they had a wheelchair accessible van the guy could use until he got his van off the bridge.

Some amazing things happen out of the goodness of people's hearts.
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Both Tom and Louie have money, it is nice to see them help people out with some of it. They have both done things like these in the past but they always seem to do them quietly.

It's very cool that Louie stepped up on the stolen toy thing. :thumbsup:
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

John wrote:Both Tom and Louie have money, it is nice to see them help people out with some of it. They have both done things like these in the past but they always seem to do them quietly.
I think people with money should do things like this. And, it really shows their heart when they don't make a big deal out of it. It means they're really doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and not for the publicity.

Dawn
From many... One.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

DeeEss57 wrote:Apparently, Louis Anderson has stepped up to help replace the lost toys. The toys were intended for the area in which he grew up, so he's giving back. After Louis and the community stepped up, they had enough gifts to help 100 families. My faith in humanity is restored. :)
A friend of mine used to write for Family Feud a few years back when Louie hosted. He had some hilarious Louie stories. Great guy!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I'm glad he did that too., It is always nice to hear stories like that!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

glg wrote:A friend of mine used to write for Family Feud a few years back when Louie hosted. He had some hilarious Louie stories. Great guy!

I'm glad Louie is a decent guy. I like his humor. And I love the Minnesota jokes he has.

I wish I could go to his New Year's Eve concert at the U. And it's been forever since he was up here in Duluth. Saw him at the State Fair when he was there to promote his concert, though. It was too short!

Dawn
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Wow what a person with no life. Why would anyone still toys for needy kids? That is just terrible.
Because some people are low life scum. They probably sold the toys so they could get drugs.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

vikingman wrote: Because some people are low life scum. They probably sold the toys so they could get drugs.

They must be Packer fans.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
They must be Packer fans.
:rofl:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.