Grandpuppies?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Grandpuppies?

Post by Vikefantam »

Well, we did 2 artificial inseminations on Maggie (Bumper is the daddy and I won't go into details as to why we had to go thru that - suffice to say, Bumper can't get it right).

We'll know in a couple of weeks if she's pregnant. She's putting on weight but she's always been a little chunky. This is the first time we've tried AI, well, first time for the dogs anyway.

I'm excited, nervous and every other emotion imaginable. I'll be fine if she's not pregnant but if she is, wow. Pug puppies. They cannot tell until day 30 if she's pregnant and that's half the pregnancy. I think I'd know by then. I know my dogs, know when they've changed, etc.

I'm debating a C-section/spay when she has the puppies. We don't want her to have more than 2 litters and I'll probably stop after this one (her first). I'm way too nervous about the whole thing. So many things can go wrong. At least I'm working from home now so I can be here for her. Pug mommies have a very difficult time nipping the sac the puppy is born in so most pug puppies suffocate if a human isn't present.

Alright, enough about me. I have to get back to work. I get paid by the line, not hour. Take care, all!

P.S. Day 8 on Chantix. Weird dreams. 6 more days to smoke. I'm a chimney! :-)
Tammy
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Sounds like Bumper needs some coaching :)

Good luck. That AI stuff can be tricky. But hopefully it will work out!

And good luck with the smoking thing. That's a tough thing (I have never smoked but know many pweople who have). Hopefully you can kick that nasty habit!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Good luck with the Pugs Tammy. We are excited to see the puppies after they get here.

And keep up the effort on kicking the habit. You will get there. Took me 20 years to give up Skoal, but I just past 10 years with out any nicotine last month.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Good luck with the puppies. Everything will be fine. Also good luck with kicking the habit. You can do it as I have given smoking a pipe and cigars after several years. Just quit within the last few months and I still have some cravings however, have not given into them. It is not worth the health risks as I lost my wife to cancer and she smoked so you would have thought I would have stopped long ago but being bullheaded I didn't.
Anyway enough of my ramblings. I know the puppies will be fine and you will be extremely proud when they are born.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Yeah, my mom does that with golden retriever/poodle mixes. The puppies are great, so fun. Can't wait to see the new litter over Christmas break.
What, doesn't Bumper have any sperm? Because I'd think instincts would just take care of the rest, its not exactly astrophysics. :lol:
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Sounds like Bumper needs some coaching :)

Good luck. That AI stuff can be tricky. But hopefully it will work out!

And good luck with the smoking thing. That's a tough thing (I have never smoked but know many pweople who have). Hopefully you can kick that nasty habit!
Aww. Your babies are adorable. I've quit smoking before, I can do it again. :-)
Tammy
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Kansas Viking wrote:Good luck with the Pugs Tammy. We are excited to see the puppies after they get here.

And keep up the effort on kicking the habit. You will get there. Took me 20 years to give up Skoal, but I just past 10 years with out any nicotine last month.
Great job, Mike! :-) :thumbsup:
Tammy
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Yeah, my mom does that with golden retriever/poodle mixes. The puppies are great, so fun. Can't wait to see the new litter over Christmas break.
What, doesn't Bumper have any sperm? Because I'd think instincts would just take care of the rest, its not exactly astrophysics. :lol:
*****Okay. Warning. It gets personal from here. If you don't want to read, don't. It doesn't get perverted or anything, it just might embarrass some people.

Bumper has lots of sperm. I saw them under the the microscope. He just can't get the "act" right. He humps her head, hip, etc. He's almost gotten it right - he gets it in (they have to form a tie) but takes it right back out. That's about as close as I'll come to describing it without getting really into it. That's why the vet had to get involved. He took Bumper' sample himself and placed it into Maggie. Perhaps Maggie's a little too tall for him. I don't know. They're about the same size. We could have waited too long to let him mate with her too. Male dogs are ready to go from early on but we had to wait until Moo was old enough so sometimes if you wait too long to breed a male, he won't know quite what to do. Poor guy.

They can't do a pregnancy test until day 30 of the pregnancy. I think I'd know if she was pregnant by then. :-)

What do the call the GR/poodle mixes? I've heard of Labradoodles but that's a lab/poodle mix.

Golden Poodles? :-)
Poodle Retrievers? :-)
Groodles?
:-)
Tammy
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Bumper, Bumper, Bumper. You should have named him something different like... Putitin... 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Golden doodles. So, was Bumper his given name or his new name now?